Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

TMJ and blending food

I just heard that Not Chewing, as in drinking food for 30 days to rest the jaw, is the only thing that really works. I'm on day 2 and I was wondering if there were any people out there who heard the same thing. Makes sense, but I'd hate to do it and have nothing change. The chiro suggested starting with 2 weeks to see if that does it. I was also going to have my wisdom teeth extracted, and I heard that might help as well.
I would love to hear from some people who have had TMJ and have had success with treatment.
(this on the heels of having been told that I need a hip replacement! -at 55- argh!)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2009
Supporter
I drink shaken up yogurt. If you get tired of the taste, you can try soy yogurt or frozen yogurt ice cream. That's one easy way to get protein together with calcium. If you add your favorite pre-cut fruits (sliced pine-apple etc)
it makes allows you to get the intake of your fruits/veggies as well.
Your physical therapist is at odds with the PT that I've seen - who suggested exercise program to increase range of motion. That only helped for range of motion, but pain.. I am not certain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?