Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Tired/sleepy even after getting 6-8 hours of sleep

For about a month now, I have been extremely tired every day. I get at the most 8 hours of sleep every night and still wake up tired as if I have not gotten any sleep. This causes me to fall asleep at work and in class. Also, I have found that I am very cranky at times and more easily agitated and annoyed.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nene92
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2012
Hello nene92

Can you give me a little more information? I want to be able to help you as much as I can. Are you sleeping the entire 8 hours? If you are not sleeping soundly throughout the night, that is probably why you are so sleepy when you wake up.

Do you find yourself going to bed/waking up at a specific time each night? How long does it take you to fall asleep each night and are you falling asleep really late at night, like after midnight?

I myself am extremely tired everyday, even though I get 8 hours of sleep. I haven't been to a doctor about this, but I think its something known as Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. It affects the timing of sleep, which is why I asked if you find yourself falling asleep around the same time each night and after midnight.

I'm sorry I didn't really help answer you question and instead asked a bunch of questions. I just need a little more information.
|

replied September 27th, 2012
Hi,

I usually fall asleep around 11:30 or 12 every night and wake up at 7 or 8am depending on if i have class or work that morning. Due to me being very tired, I fall asleep very fast, my boyfriend always complains that I never stay awake to watch movies with him, I fall asleep as soon as the opening credits start. Earlier this year (Feb-April) I could not sleep at night at all. I would be very tired but wouldn't be able to go to sleep until 6am and wake up around 12pm and feel refreshed.
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2012
How is your diet?
Are you eatings lots of sugars?
Are you eating right before bed?
Do you sleep peacefully or wakeup throughout the night?
|

My eating was all over the place, but recently I have began to clean it up and eat better. I never eat right before bed and I sleep well through the night, that I know of.
|

User Profile
Hi Nene92

It sounds like you are going to bed and waking up at decent hours. I recommend you discuss this with your doctor to get to the bottom of this. You also need to mention that there was a time earlier this year when you didn't sleep until 6am and felt refreshed when you woke up at noon.

It's very good you do not eat right before bed. Eating a lot of foods with sugar late at night can be a cause of having a hard time falling asleep.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms?
|

Google "Ascension Symptoms," or "Symptoms of Ascension." This has been happening to many of us for the past few years.
|

replied October 1st, 2012
Hi nene,

Seems to me that you might have some sleeping disorder problem, I had same problem with you, I used to have problem sleeping then will stay awake until 6am, will sleep until noon then will feel super tired after that. I tried to sleep earlier it even made me even tired. Doctor diagnosed me with sleep apnea, visit any sleep doctor near your place. Hope it helps
|

replied October 10th, 2013
in desperate need of help
hi i am in desperate need of some advice regarding my sleep i am a 28 year old woman and i recently had a baby boy: he is 5 months now also he was born a c section ! since the past 2 weeks i have been having a problem. according to me i sleep at least 7 to 8 ours every night yet when i wake up in the morning i feel like i haven't slept at all my head aches my eyes burn my mind feels groggy and like i was awake all this while even though i had been sleeping . during the day i feel extremely sleepy and tired . don't know whats going on with me should i consult a doctor ? and could this be a life threatening problem ! i have an infant son and i am worried if i will be able to look after him in this condition. please somebody help i will be very grateful
|

replied October 17th, 2013
If you're sleeping a full eight hours but still feel tired, there are a number of things that could be getting in the way of a good night's sleep.

For me, the biggest problem is light. Even the LED lights on your alarm clock are enough to disturb your sleep without you realizing it. Make your room as dark as possible, including turning the alarm clock away from you at night--or cover it with a random piece of clothing like I do. Which drives my husband bananas. Wink

Hope that helps.
|