Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

tired of my boyfriend's girlfriend,.

Ok, so i have been cheated on alot in the past and due to that fact, i have a hard time trusting people. I always question what people are really doing and if there telling me the truth about where they are or who there with.. So ive been hearing alot about cellphone tracking and spying - i signed up and have been tracking my boyfriends cellphone location for the last 2 days. So far i havent seen anything unusual but i've been thinking... is this going too far? He doesn't know im doing this and im not going to tell him. I know he talks to his ex girlfriend that he dated for 3 years and he says there just good friends now.. i said its fine if they talk but i better not catch him hanging out with her. Lately i found out they have been talking alot.. So do i have the right to track his cell phone, or do you think this is stepping over boundaries?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Here's a good rule of thumb; If you ask your partner if your behavior is crossing a boundary and they tell you yes, then you're action is putting a strain on the trust in your relationship. If you find that you cannot ask your partner if you're overstepping your bounds for whatever reasons then you need to leave your relationship promptly and you should seriously consider therapy.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2010
Supporter
I agree with Wolf. It's important that you need to work on your trust issues and yourself before getting into another relationship. What you're doing is not normal. If you're uncomfortable with your boyfriend communicating with his ex than you need to let him know it makes you uncomfortable. If he continues to communicate with her than this isn't the right relationship for you.
|
Quick Reply