Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Tired and achey

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Dear all
Just joined the group in desperation (sorry) but having no answers anywhere else and feeling completely lost. A month ago I was a strong, physically fit 51 year old woman working 8 hours a day, never been ill (except for having 4 children which doesn't really count !!). Overnight, I have become what I can only call a semi-cripple invalid. I absolutely ache all over, sometimes unbearable pains especially in my shoulders, neck, back, upper legs and ankles. I am constantly tired, depressed and have developed a strange itchy skin on parts of my body (not really worrying though). I can only bear the pain by taking at least 6mg pain killers daily, doctor has also prescribed anti-depressants and sleeping pills. I hate taking medication but its a case of survival. My business is suffering because I cannot carry out my daily essentials, today I could hardly walk around the supermarket and after half an hour ended up crying with pain and my ankles felt as if they would crack. I have had blood tests, x-rays, an osteopath and a kinesiology treatment, but nothing. Has anybody experienced this, do the doctors on this group know what's wrong with me?
Hoping somebody can help, just knowing what was wrong with me would be a small comfort.
Thank you in advance
Hedi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2009
Community Volunteer
What doctors have you seen? PCP, gyn, etc???

Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?