Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Tired after 8 hours of sleep

Hello,I am always tired no matter how much i sleep i am tired and when i do get to sleep i wake up a few times during the night,and go back to sleep. I am a 25 year old female at the age of 22, after college graduation I became sick with what i though was a cold with severe and debilitating head aches, I couldn't be in the light, hear loud sound it was as though i no longer owned my life. They told me I had chronic Sinusitis though I had never suffered from sinus problems prior. I had surgery in January of 2007. I began to feel sick again and in March or 2008 I had my second sinus surgery. with in the past few years I have been on Leviquin, Avelox, Prednisone, nasal steroids, and allergy shots along with other medications. Now 11 moths after my last surgery and about 5months after my last dose of steroids and antibiotics I find that i am always Tired I find myself taking naps in the middle of the day and not functioning at my normal level, even after 8, 10, or 12hours of sleep. Recently i was driving and got extremely dizzy sweaty palms and felt as though i was going to pass out, it turned out it was because my pressure was elevated. Could this Chronic fatigue still be associated with my Sinus' though i have been okay? Other than my sinus' and Asthma( Which is under control) I am and have been healthy. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lorelle
|

replied February 24th, 2009
Experienced User
Have you had your thyroid checked?
|

I did and it came back Normal
|

Experienced User
That's usually the easiest test. I wish I could help. I am tired all the time also but it has definitely gotten worse since I became pregnant. I can actually sleep now but I still never feel rested. Have you had a sleep study? Maybe you aren't going into a deep enough sleep or you have some type of sleep apnea?
|

I have not done a sleep study, I will look into that. Thank you so much for your help and suggestions.
|

replied March 26th, 2009
your body is fighting off the medication side effects
I know that steroids is not the best thing for the body and the fact that you had the surgeries and have taken all these medications mean that your body is working extra hard to repair cells and regenerate. I would suggest trying something natural such as chinese medicine and acupuncture to help your body get back into balance again. They may also be able to help you with other symptoms and health conditions you are experiencing. If you dont know where to find a good doctor, trying looking for chinese medicine schools- they usually have clinics or practitioners who are also teachers that they can recommend you.
|

replied March 28th, 2009
Tired after 8 hours of sleep
I am 47 y/o female. I had suffered from headaches and tiredness in the mornings as long as I can recall. Recently had sleep study done and discovered I had severe complex sleep apnea. Have had CPAPS machine for a week and no headache since. Still a little tired but I am 47 and overweight but hope to have energy to exercise soon. GO GET A SLEEP STUDY DONE. It is estimated that up 70 percent of the population has some form of sleep apnea. Trust me it is great not to wake with a headache. Good Luck!
|