Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Tired after dreaming at night (Page 1)

Hi Doctor:

Please help me. About 4 years ago I started dreaming when I sleep, sometime even during the short nap at noon about 5 or 10 minutes, I also have a dream. This is killing me since when I wake up, I feel very very tired. Currently, I dream every night whenever I go to sleep and that make me so tired. I wonder what's wrong with me and is there any medicine that will help to cure this symtom???? Thank you very much for your help and your time.

Regards
Phuong
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dquang27
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
i completely understand. the quality of sleep you are getting is not restful. talk to a doctor ...they can help you. I used to have these symptoms,,, i was tired all day. could've fallen asleep anywhere anytime if i allowed myself to. dr. did a sleep study. it really helped me. talk to a doctor... some sleep studies are free!!!! call your local medical university. may be free there... but really, it's a medical condition.
|

replied August 28th, 2010
Dreaming is not the cause
I don't understand why people relate dreaming all night with feeling tired. I've always had dreams all night and I would also feel tired in the mrning, but not any more and I still dream all night, actually more and more each day.
It doesn't stop me from having the best sleep quality amonst all the people I know. I wake up at no matter what time and I always feel rested.
I found out is much more to do with what you eat, your lifestyle, and stop believeing that there's something wrong with you. Embracing my dreaming and feel it as a gift as helped a lot, but also not eating 3h before bed, being vegetarian, exercizing, meditating, drinking lots of tea and water and sleep early and wake up early with a regular schedule.
That will help you more than any pill or doctor treatment or assuming that dreams are exhausting. They are not.
|

replied March 28th, 2011
My Everlasting Dreams...
I find myself in a similar situation as those of you who mentioned that you dream all night long and wake up tired. I dream a lot and it seems as if every time I fall asleep whether it's for a short nap or my usual 8 hours at night, I dream and dream nonstop. I wake up "exhausted". It's as if I was awake the entire time. I don't know what to do. It's not as if my dreams are "nightmares" however sometimes they are strange and they are all mixed up; oftentimes, I can wake for a few moments and go right back to my same dream as if I have "paused" it. How strange this seems to me. Does anyone understand this? Thanks!
|
Users who thank Sativva for this post: Aussiesun68 

replied February 20th, 2012
I do understand we're your coming from as I'm going
threw the same thing..
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2011
Yes I do understand. I'm experiencing exactly how/what you felt every night(dreaming non-stop) and morning(super tired like I've never slept). But sadly no one understands. AnD my dreams are always mixed up.
|

replied February 20th, 2012
You are not alone shinice, I no how you feel. As
I to am going threw the same thing
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
did you see that pm I sent you? we can chat more about our experience there. ^_^
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2011
feeling tired after a very long mix dreams.
I experience that too. T_T
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2011
Was your dreams lucid? You dream every night too? Do you remember your dreams?
|

replied April 19th, 2012
similarly and somethng somethng happens to me..........whole night dream with lot of tiredness during morning....i tried nd compare my older days habit with now,i found lot of tension,lonliness,and love,over thinking 4 everythng,unregular shedule.........so know trying 2 solve out.......bcoz it is newly hppns with me...and its 2 effective ........i cant study for whole day with full concentration for n hour.....
when dreams started in my life ,i told my grl frnd plz call me at early morning bcoz i want to know my last night dream.....bcoz i forgot when i wake up completely..........but now i m thnking its much much dangerous.......so plz help me
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Ive actually been going through this for over five years now. I dream all through the night/day and wake up like I didnt really even sleep at all.Im always exhausted.My sleep doctor told me its most likely a circadian rhythm disorder. Ive been putting a sleep study off because I have enough trouble sleeping in my own bed yet alone a strange place with wires hooked up to me. It is nice (no offense) to see other ppl with the same problem as me. No one else understands and it is very frustrating at times.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2012
Same situation here. But I've already given up on finding a solution as there wasn't (and won't be) a result no matter where I seek attention from. I did sleep study as well..but no results are found. I wonder how could it be. Maybe the technology wasn't advance enough to identify the cause for this I guess, so they are dismissing this problem as there were nothing they could do about it. And therefore, I will continue to live with this until an explanation is found for our problem stated here.
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
i have been having the same problem for about a month now... i used to wake up fresh just until last month but now due to these dreams i can't concentrate on anything... i have done alot of research on it and i found out that for some people it can be a medical condition and for others it could be black magic... yeah black magic! just wanted to share my thoughts with u guys.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2012
Uhh...black magic seems unlikely though- ^__^ll But since you started this only a month ago (and not since young). It should be easier to find a cause that triggered it before it started happening.
|

replied August 31st, 2012
Wow.. Glad to see there are others that feel the same way I do. I have very vivid dreams everytime I drift off to sleep, even if it's for a short period of time. Sometimes they are so real, it changes my behavior the next day until I can shake off the feelings & flashbacks. I often have flashbacks at any given moment, to dreams I have had in the past and I know this has been going on since I was very young. I am so tired. I feel I have only gotten a few restful nights in my entire life. If anyone knows what this might be (diet and exercise does not make an impact on these dreams and feeling exhausted) please share! As much as I love dreaming, it's starting to really impact my daily life. Thanks!
|

replied September 1st, 2012
Do you feel any depression for yourself? I have some suggestion for you, maybe can help you for sleep well. First try do not drink any tea or coffee few days. Second do a lot of exercise, activities or yoga to help you reduce stress. Third drink a cup of warm milk Fourth is Find a Kechara Lama Tsongkhapa Chakra with you, helps you to reduce depressed, restless and unhappy minds.
|

replied October 6th, 2012
I have the same thing. Very intense dreams. Very exhausted in the morning. Most times I cant even open my eyes in the morning. I can hear things going on around me sometimes and when my kids ask me questions I answer as though I were wide awake but my answer doesnt fit the question. Or at times O is the oppsite, where I hear them but when I try to answer I feel extremely drunk, cant get the word out no matter how hard I try, and fall asleep mid word. After having sleep study I was told I have some sleep apnea and that was causing some sleep disturbances and fatigue. After looking over my own sleep study results, I noticed that I do not enter stage 3 sleep (the most critical stage for achieving restful sleep) Uhhh... HELLO! Why did they not notice this or see it as a problem!? So I did a little research about sleep cycles and found that if you Iiare not getting restful sleep, that anytime you fall asleep (which will be often cause your exhausted!) You will skip all other stages and enter rebound REM (you know the stage when you drrsm) sleep immediately! Being woke up anytime before you can go through the whole cycle and acheive REM, means you will still be tired, go directly to rebound REM,and the cycle repeats! Then you begin to have narcoleptic like episodes. look up narcolepsy and hallucinations, as well as stage three sleep or lack there of. If youve had a sleep study with no luck, have another and look over your own results. I started a medication for daytime sleepiness, to deal with the fatigue, and it has helped that aspect tremendously! The med is called nuvigil and dr can prescribe it if you are diagnosed with any sleep disorder or have work shift disorder. More recently I have been switched to ritalin which is a little stronger but more side effects. As far as acheiving all stages of sleep, you will have to work with your doc. It may require some lifestyle changes and possibly some medication, but it will be worth it. Good luck to all! I hope somebody finds this info useful. 29yr old female, exhuasting dreams fot 2 yrs.experiencing many other symptoms for about 14 yrs. Including neck pain, headaches, eye pressure, jaw pain and many many diagnosis.
|

replied October 6th, 2012
I have the same thing. Very intense dreams. Very exhausted in the morning. Most times I cant even open my eyes in the morning. I can hear things going on around me sometimes and when my kids ask me questions I answer as though I were wide awake but my answer doesnt fit the question. Or at times it is the oppsite, where I hear them but when I try to answer I feel extremely drunk, cant get the word out no matter how hard I try, and fall asleep mid word. After having sleep study I was told I have some sleep apnea and that was causing some sleep disturbances and fatigue. After looking over my own sleep study results, I noticed that I do not enter stage 3 sleep (the most critical stage for achieving restful sleep) Uhhh... HELLO! Why did they not notice this or see it as a problem!? So I did a little research about sleep cycles and found that if you are not getting restful sleep, that anytime you fall asleep (which will be often cause your exhausted!) You will skip all other stages and enter rebound REM (you know the stage when you drrsm) sleep immediately! Being woke up anytime before you can go through the whole cycle and acheive REM, means you will still be tired, go directly to rebound REM,and the cycle repeats! Then you begin to have narcoleptic like episodes. look up narcolepsy and hallucinations, as well as stage three sleep or lack there of. If youve had a sleep study with no luck, have another and look over your own results. I started a medication for daytime sleepiness, to deal with the fatigue, and it has helped that aspect tremendously! The med is called nuvigil and dr can prescribe it if you are diagnosed with any sleep disorder or have work shift disorder. More recently I have been switched to ritalin which is a little stronger but more side effects. As far as acheiving all stages of sleep, you will have to work with your doc. It may require some lifestyle changes and possibly some medication, but it will be worth it. Good luck to all! I hope somebody finds this info useful. 29yr old female, exhuasting dreams fot 2 yrs.experiencing many other symptoms for about 14 yrs. Including neck pain, headaches, eye pressure, jaw pain and many many diagnosis.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
help i dream all the time
am not sure what i will call it, if i have a disroder or not but i dream all the time. i can fall asleep for 5 mins and instantly start dreaming. i am often tired and i have headaches often and my eyes always feel weak and tired as well. no matter how much sleep i get i want more, i constantly fantasize about having a restful sleep without dreaming. so i can wake up refresh and not tired for once. this takes away so much of my energy, i am completely fed up of it. i remember all of my dreams and they are always well vivid. i need a break bec it sucks out the enjoyment of my life bec am always sleepy and tired
|

replied May 17th, 2013
Hi Guys,

I use to have that problem some years ago. I had started experimenting with my sleep and trying to remember in my dreams that I am actually sleeping, so I can change things around and do as I please. It was fun, because I could fly every night, but the result was that after all of the dreaming I started feeling very tired. So I decided to stop, but I still continued remembering my dreams and the tiredness continued. I have never used any machines for lucid dreaming or have had a sleep study, but I found that when I went to bed very relaxed, without any anxieties that helped. Other things that helped were:
- exercises: doesn't have to be a lot, 10 min run over your lunch break or 30 min of pilates (you can get that from youtube) can be enough. Though once you get use to it, you'll probably start doing more for fun any way Smile
- I came up with a meditation of my own, to fall asleep with. Some meditations can be very active and make things worse. This is a version of the counting sheep. Firstly just try to leave your mind blank for as long as you can. Then let an image of a never-ending spiral staircase swim into your mind. You can see the top, but not the bottom. You are at the top, you can see your feet on the top step. Each step has a number written on it. The first number is 100 and then they go down. I step down and in my head I say the number that is on the step. I'm stepping into the darkness below, but it doesn't get any darker around me really. If you get to 1, jump back to 100... although I've never been past 35 myself.
- make sure there are no noises to disturb you
- remove any light souse, even an alarm clock could have enough light to disturb your sleep (just set it in the other room, or cover it with something)
- go to bed as early as possible... 10pm might seem like a children's bed time hour, but you'll feel better
- I have taken over the counter sleeping pills for 2-3 days in a row at times when I have struggled to go to sleep (after I got rid of the dreams). They seem to give me a poor quality of sleep and I wake up tired, but after a day or two they manage to get me back into an early going to bed routine.

Hope this helps Smile
|

replied June 25th, 2013
Same issue here not alone
I have the same problem. Only my dreams are nightmares that have people I know and love in them. They're as realistic as if I were standing there. I've been raped shot chased by lake placid size gators and the whole nine yards in these nightmares; even pregnant. I could feel every baby kick and every gunshot wound. I wake up cold (because I'm scared out of my wits) and drained. I just woke up this morning from having one and I looked like I hadn't slept period. I had bags under my eyes and I looked like I'd seen a ghost and been hit by an 18 wheeler. My fianc also reports, along with friends, that I will kick and beat the crap out of them too. I try to talk but it comes out as mumbles because I close my jaw and clench it tight (resulting in a headache on top of the headache from lack of rest). It's becoming more frequent more realistic and more disturbing. I can't handle this crap I'm in college I gotta have my rest.
|

replied November 4th, 2013
management, not for drug abuse) at the time that i posted that last comment and i believe that contributed largly to the falling asleep and begining to dream instantly. But i dont't think it was the causefor the fatigue because i have had that for many years! But i have an explaination for that as well as my neck pain, headaches, skin issues, and many other meical problems i was experiencing. Parasites (worms) Up until the 30's it was standard for everyone to deorm themselves and thier children. Now peopl rarely think about it and believe it only happens in third world countries. and Drs are no help! They don't talk about it or inform thier patients of how common it is to have worms. Even people who find evidence of being infected and go to dr to try to recie recieeve treatment for worms are denied and told they are crazy and itsall in thier head. Not true! It is estimatedhat some 80% of young adults and infected and 90 people 65 and older are infcted. If you live to be 90, it is believed there is a 100% that you have or have had them. They cause problems from asthma and COPD, to psorisis, acne, joint pain, stiffness, IBS, Chrones, Lupus, Lymes disease, and basically everyother illness there is... including sleep disoders! If you have kids or pets, it is almost gauranteed you have one if not serveral parasites living in and on you. I highly recommend looking up Roundworms and pinworms (especially Ascrsis). Read about them look at pictures and symtoms. Make sure to look at lots of pictures of the worm itself and also picturesof egg and larvae. Then look very closely in the toilet. If you have to, take it out and sepperate it a little in some water, ten stir it around and lookat all the stringy and seed like things. Also, examine around your toilet bowel and under the tank, and on rugs. Pay special attention to kids bathrooms, and around litter box. Also, look in animal feces. If you want a guaranteed way to findsome egg sacs to familiarize yourself with what they look like... go to the garage and look around any areas thatare dusty, dirty, high traffic, or under stuff where dirt, leaves, bugs and siders end up. You will find things tha look like a thin white piece of grass about an inch long, yellow crystalized clusters, little black rods, white rice like pieces (almost looks like a piece of adry Ramen noodle). Also pay attention to lint trap in your dryer, Watch for little white styrofoam balls, or leaf like cacoons. Look closely at your skin often. Ever see random strings, threads, black specs, neon colored pieces (if you use a tanning bedyou will see one glowing occasionally). Watch for paper like, segmented wavy, things in dark blue or red. Ever see a random neon pink speck, square, triangle, on you or ball of lint somewhere and you wandered where it came from? Little lint balls around your house. (parasites will camoflauge thmselves in those. ie. reason for belly button lint. Sorry to go on and on but I have come aacross so much information and discovered hundereds of these around myhouse. I was shocked! I would have never know what those thingswere and would have discarded them as being crumbs of food or something else.
Please look into these things. If you find them..treat yourself and your surroundings and you would be amazed ho your health imroves. Please feel free to ontact me if you have questions, need help,or support. Best of luck. God Bless.
|

management, not for drug abuse) at the time that i posted that last comment and i believe that contributed largly to the falling asleep and begining to dream instantly. But i dont't think it was the causefor the fatigue because i have had that for many years! But i have an explaination for that as well as my neck pain, headaches, skin issues, and many other meical problems i was experiencing. Parasites (worms) Up until the 30's it was standard for everyone to deorm themselves and thier children. Now peopl rarely think about it and believe it only happens in third world countries. and Drs are no help! They don't talk about it or inform thier patients of how common it is to have worms. Even people who find evidence of being infected and go to dr to try to recie recieeve treatment for worms are denied and told they are crazy and itsall in thier head. Not true! It is estimatedhat some 80% of young adults and infected and 90 people 65 and older are infcted. If you live to be 90, it is believed there is a 100% that you have or have had them. They cause problems from asthma and COPD, to psorisis, acne, joint pain, stiffness, IBS, Chrones, Lupus, Lymes disease, and basically everyother illness there is... including sleep disoders! If you have kids or pets, it is almost gauranteed you have one if not serveral parasites living in and on you. I highly recommend looking up Roundworms and pinworms (especially Ascrsis). Read about them look at pictures and symtoms. Make sure to look at lots of pictures of the worm itself and also picturesof egg and larvae. Then look very closely in the toilet. If you have to, take it out and sepperate it a little in some water, ten stir it around and lookat all the stringy and seed like things. Also, examine around your toilet bowel and under the tank, and on rugs. Pay special attention to kids bathrooms, and around litter box. Also, look in animal feces. If you want a guaranteed way to findsome egg sacs to familiarize yourself with what they look like... go to the garage and look around any areas thatare dusty, dirty, high traffic, or under stuff where dirt, leaves, bugs and siders end up. You will find things tha look like a thin white piece of grass about an inch long, yellow crystalized clusters, little black rods, white rice like pieces (almost looks like a piece of adry Ramen noodle). Also pay attention to lint trap in your dryer, Watch for little white styrofoam balls, or leaf like cacoons. Look closely at your skin often. Ever see random strings, threads, black specs, neon colored pieces (if you use a tanning bedyou will see one glowing occasionally). Watch for paper like, segmented wavy, things in dark blue or red. Ever see a random neon pink speck, square, triangle, on you or ball of lint somewhere and you wandered where it came from? Little lint balls around your house. (parasites will camoflauge thmselves in those. ie. reason for belly button lint. Sorry to go on and on but I have come aacross so much information and discovered hundereds of these around myhouse. I was shocked! I would have never know what those thingswere and would have discarded them as being crumbs of food or something else.
Please look into these things. If you find them..treat yourself and your surroundings and you would be amazed ho your health imroves. Please feel free to ontact me if you have questions, need help,or support. Best of luck. God Bless.
|

It has been a while since i wrote, but i wanted to update. I was on subutex (for pain , not for drug abuse) at the time that i posted that last comment and i believe that contributed largly to the falling asleep and begining to dream instantly. But i dont't think it was the causefor the fatigue because i have had that for many years! But i have an explaination for that as well as my neck pain, headaches, skin issues, and many other meical problems i was experiencing. Parasites (worms) Up until the 30's it was standard for everyone to deorm themselves and thier children. Now peopl rarely think about it and believe it only happens in third world countries. and Drs are no help! They don't talk about it or inform thier patients of how common it is to have worms. Even people who find evidence of being infected and go to dr to try to recie recieeve treatment for worms are denied and told they are crazy and itsall in thier head. Not true! It is estimatedhat some 80% of young adults and infected and 90 people 65 and older are infcted. If you live to be 90, it is believed there is a 100% that you have or have had them. They cause problems from asthma and COPD, to psorisis, acne, joint pain, stiffness, IBS, Chrones, Lupus, Lymes disease, and basically everyother illness there is... including sleep disoders! If you have kids or pets, it is almost gauranteed you have one if not serveral parasites living in and on you. I highly recommend looking up Roundworms and pinworms (especially Ascrsis). Read about them look at pictures and symtoms. Make sure to look at lots of pictures of the worm itself and also picturesof egg and larvae. Then look very closely in the toilet. If you have to, take it out and sepperate it a little in some water, ten stir it around and lookat all the stringy and seed like things. Also, examine around your toilet bowel and under the tank, and on rugs. Pay special attention to kids bathrooms, and around litter box. Also, look in animal feces. If you want a guaranteed way to findsome egg sacs to familiarize yourself with what they look like... go to the garage and look around any areas thatare dusty, dirty, high traffic, or under stuff where dirt, leaves, bugs and siders end up. You will find things tha look like a thin white piece of grass about an inch long, yellow crystalized clusters, little black rods, white rice like pieces (almost looks like a piece of adry Ramen noodle). Also pay attention to lint trap in your dryer, Watch for little white styrofoam balls, or leaf like cacoons. Look closely at your skin often. Ever see random strings, threads, black specs, neon colored pieces (if you use a tanning bedyou will see one glowing occasionally). Watch for paper like, segmented wavy, things in dark blue or red. Ever see a random neon pink speck, square, triangle, on you or ball of lint somewhere and you wandered where it came from? Little lint balls around your house. (parasites will camoflauge thmselves in those. ie. reason for belly button lint. Sorry to go on and on but I have come aacross so much information and discovered hundereds of these around myhouse. I was shocked! I would have never know what those thingswere and would have discarded them as being crumbs of food or something else.
|

replied February 17th, 2014
I have the same symptoms...no answer yet. About once every 2 months or so. The whole next day I may be a zombie. It happens in the middle or end of a dream, and not nightmares,just dreams. Good to know we are not alone.
|

replied February 19th, 2014
you might have stressful days that's why you dream when you sleep even in a nap.
|
12 >>