A stretching regime must be part of any workout. Here are some stretching tips that will help to maintain flexibility and strength:
1. Don't stretch cold muscles. Warm up with a casual ride for five to ten minutes to loosen up.
2. Stretching after a workout is equally important to avoid tightening as the muscles relax.
3. Avoid bouncing stretches, which can lead to muscle tears.
4. Static stretching is best. Stretch slowly, working one muscle group at a time until feeling minor tension. Hold for ten seconds and then release.
5. Use slow, deep breathing to relax during stretching.
6. Start with neck
7. When feeling tight during a ride, stop and stretch to avoid injury.