Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

tiny white dots on top of feet scrape off but come back?

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I have these tiny whitish bumps that are itchy and scrape off very easily but come back . They are only on the top of my feet and around my ankles. I have had them come and go over a period of years. I have not been able to find out what this is with research over the internet.]Do you know what this is?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper buddhistartist1
|

replied May 27th, 2012
Similar problem....
I wish I was a doctor and had an answer for you. Unfortunately, I'm looking for an answer to a similar question. I have white bumps on the tops of my feet, mainly toward the outer half/ankle, and a few around my Achilles. The only things I've ever considered were warts/fungus from gym showers, or damage from severe sunburn I got on both feet when I was 14 during a church car wash on asphalt all day. I put my feet in buckets of ice that night and had to use Aloe Vera gel for weeks. I figure I have some damage from that, but I've asked both my primary care doctor and a dermatologist and they both just said "that's nothing to worry about.". I hate that. That's not an answer. I've tried anti-fungal creams, wart removers, and even pedicures. No luck.

They're different sizes, but small nonetheless, and for me they don't generally itch. If I do scratch the top of my foot, I sometimes scratch some of the tops of the bumps off. They appear to be like dry skin (at least the tops), and my feet have been dry since I was very young (I'm 29 - male). If I scratch them off or scrape them when I'm using a foot file that I use regularly on my heels to prevent cracking & bleeding, the spots/bumps come back. If I get any sunburn/tan, the spots show through staying white. I have no idea what to do.

Good luck to you
|

replied November 21st, 2012
Small tiny bumps on top of my feet
I went to a dermatologist for what seems like the same problem. she said is was Stucco Keratosis and suggested I use Amlactin lotion an over the counter moisturizer. There is no cure for it but keeping them moisturuized will not make them as noticeable.
|
Quick Reply