Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Tiny lump under armpit

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have a small lump under my right arm pit. It is very tiny and not really sore unless I mess with it. It seems to be below the surface. I have had boils before, but this different because it has not come to a head and cannot be opened. My husband tried to poke it with a needle with no luck because he couldn't even get the needle in it.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
Cancers Answer A11971
Thanks for using this forum...

The clinical picture you present seems to be of a secaceous gland swelling,but nevertheless if it doesnot disappear after a short antibiotic course,an FNAC should be done.It's better to meet some surgeon for clinical examination of the lump....

take care....

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.