Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Tiny bump on neck

User Profile
I started a new job as a cna in a nursing home. Well one night i came home from work and my neck was hurting and i was rubbing it, actually kinda hard. And i noticed this tiny little pea sized bump under my skin. It's towards the back of my neck in the middle.. I havne't had any other symptoms or anything like that. But i was wondering if i messed something up in my neck cuz i've never noticed this
before. And i'm good at checking myself for that kinda stuff. But maybe i didn't notice it before cuz you have to press really hard to feel it. It is tender because of me messing around with it. It does move.. And it doesn't feel hard or anything. And there's no other swelling or anything like that anywhere else. So i was wondering what it could be. It hasn't grown.. And i've only noticed it since i was working. And i started there back in Decemeber. So it's the same size as i first found it. No fever's.. Could i have caught something in the home? But i haven't been sick either. I used to get strep throat alot when i was younger. But havne't had it for a long time. My other lympe node the ones that swell when you have a sore throat. One has always been bigger that the other even since i was little. Probably because of strep years ago... At least that's what i've been told.. By my dr. I havne't been sick in forever. Don't usually get sick. I've always had stuffy noses in the winter times. Sinus stuff. But nothing to bad. So any info would be great!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Or
I just thought of this, i don't know if has anything to do with it or not. Back in Novemeber i started my cna classes. And i had a bug bite on my chest area. It kinda looked like a mosquito bite. It had a tiny hole in the middle. But anyways. My whole chest area itched like crazy. Right about where my shirt collar. And on my neck. So could this have been due to that?? It went away there's no itching other than my crazy dry skin in the winter time.. Maybe it got infected and went away
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2009
Experienced User
Help...
No relpies??
|

replied May 18th, 2009
Did you ever get a reply, I have a little lump under the jaw bone on the right side of neck too. Did yours go away?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2009
Experienced User
hi
no i haven't found out what it is.. and it's still there. Hasn't even gotten any bigger.. it just sits there, it does move though but yep it's still there
|

replied October 24th, 2009
same here
i have the exact pea sized kinda soft bump on the right side of my neck around the middle and when i rub it hard it moves up and down a little and when i tryed to look it up all i found was the it could be an infection, cancer, or lymphoma im kind of worried but im going to see a docter about it soon
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2010
Experienced User
Anngus, did you ever go to the doctor about the lump in your neck? I haven't and it's still there, but it hasn't gotten any bigger, and it's been about a year and a half now. If you could please reply back on this thanks!
|

replied January 20th, 2012
Pea sized bump
I believe it's just a pinched nerve. I have one now on the left side of back of my neck. It's at the base of my skull, n it's very uncomfortable. I've had one before, n it eventually went away. I have been pushing really hard in the gym, n I feel asleep al crazy on the couch. I think either, or both caused it. Basically, it sounds like that's whats goin on with u, n I wouldn't worry about. Ice, n an anti-inflammatory should help with the discomfort.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
I was just looking into it, n it may be a swollen lymph node. I have had one before, n was told it was a pinched nerve, but after looking into it, I think it may be a swollen lymph node. It was saying that an infection in throat or tonsils could cause it, n may be followed w/ coughing, sneezing, yellow phlegm, coarseness in voice. I have none of these symptoms, but I'm goin to check it out nxt wk, if it doesn't go away.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
I discovered a couple of years ago a rice size bump on the right side of my neck not painful, easily moves up and down and has stayed same "rice" size. I have recently discovered a second little smaller "rice" size a few inches from the original. I have been to 2 doctors and they do not seem overly concerned. Should I be?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 11th, 2013
I had one of those also and sometimes it would pinch the nerve, it finally got so bad that I had to have it looked at, turned out to be a cyst. He removed it. Pain went away, unfortunately it came back so I have to do it again.
|