Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Tingling tongue

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
For the past couple of days, I have noticed a tingling sensation on the right side of my tongue only. I did have a right sided sore throat that lasted a day, but that went away. But now I am noticing that whenever I talk, there is a sensation of fullness on the right side of my face, along with the tingling. When I swallow, the right side of my throat feels as if it is swollen. The left side of my tongue is perfectly fine. I know this isn't my imagination. What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2012
This has recently started for me as well. At first I thought it had something to do with my tongue ring, although I've had it for over 5 years, but I took it out anyways to no avail. Now tonight my lips have started to feel numb. Im 24, have been eating better and working out and I'm by no means over weight so I find it hard to believe I would have high blood pressure but I guess maybe that's a possibility? I just feel weird going to a dr for this because like others have said i am worried I will be dismissed or told its in my head
|

replied August 30th, 2012
Throat/Tongue tingle, feels like something in throat
Either of you get feed back on this? I started about 2 weeks ago, felt like something was lodged in my throat, between the very back of my tongue and throat. After 5 days cobble stoning developed on the very back of my throat. Went to doc, he was stumped. Did strep test, negative. Gave me a 5 day course of steroid telling me it was probably just an inflammation. It's been another week, I have persistent tingling in that area now, literally the two areas that are tingling (back of tongue and throat on right side) are touching each other in my throat. I can't take it anymore...the sensation of having something stuck in my throat and the tingling has become so bad its all I can think about. I've found ABSOLUTLY no relief, salt water, peroxide, lidocaine, steroids, NSAIDs, psudeophed, throat lozenges, NOTHING IS HELPING and Dr is stumped. It's making me so crazy. HELP!!!!!
|