Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Tingling tongue

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Okay, i didnt know where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place.
Now this may sound like a stupid question and i really wasnt worried about it, till i googled it but the tip of my tongue has been tingling for about 3 days now non-stop.
I read on the internet that this a sympton of MS.. should i be worried? Has any body got any ideas what this could be?

UPDATE: 5th Day and my tongue is still tingling....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 7th, 2012
Tongue tingles/Tingly tongue/sensitive tip of tongue
my tongue has been tingling for 3 years on and off - especially when I drive or use the computer concentrating or at night trying to get to sleep in bed. I think its a neurological problem - as I am not aware of it if I am busy doing things during the day. It sometimes gets very tingly after eating spicy foods or maybe if I just rub the tip of my tongue against the back of my teeth. It doesnt worry me - its just very annoying sometimes. If I chew some celery or gum it takes my mind of it and then it goes away for a while. It first started as a "burning mouth syndrome" - when the whole of inside my mouth was tingly and had a metallic taste - that wore off after about 6 months - just leaving a very sensitive tingley tongue.

The dentist and Doctor have no idea apart from "the burning mouth syndrome" which has been written about - there was an article in the daily mail about 2 years ago.

very weird
|

replied March 7th, 2012
Tongue tingles/Tingly tongue/sensitive tip of tongue
my tongue has been tingling for 3 years on and off - especially when I drive or use the computer concentrating or at night trying to get to sleep in bed. I think its a neurological problem - as I am not aware of it if I am busy doing things during the day. It sometimes gets very tingly after eating spicy foods or maybe if I just rub the tip of my tongue against the back of my teeth. It doesnt worry me - its just very annoying sometimes. If I chew some celery or gum it takes my mind of it and then it goes away for a while. It first started as a "burning mouth syndrome" - when the whole of inside my mouth was tingly and had a metallic taste - that wore off after about 6 months - just leaving a very sensitive tingley tongue.

The dentist and Doctor have no idea apart from "the burning mouth syndrome" which has been written about - there was an article in the daily mail about 2 years ago.

very weird
|
Quick Reply