Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Tingling sensation in left side of chest?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have anxiety issues. About 1 1/2 days ago I had a typical panic attack. Today I feel perfectly fine. I don't feel tired or dizzy. Everything is fine except for this tingling almost ticklish sensation deep in my left chest. It only came about after I woke up.

It's not debilitating but it sure is annoying and uncomfortable.

Does anyone know what this could be? Can anyone recommend a method to get rid of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper anxiousbritt
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi ayagh and welcome to ehealth: If you are not older and worried about a health problem, I would say to forget it...What is it?...Probably a reminder of the other day...Maybe something that is trying to work its way into your mind to worry about something...You see this is the way that Panic Attacks work...They seed themselves to make you worry and then it can be off to the races...Again, if you have a history of heart problems then check it out...Or, if you think that your mind is again playing games with you, then forget it...Take care...

Caroline
|

I'm only 20 years old.

The thing is I wasn't worried about anything up until my chest started tingling. I'm not that worried now but I am trying to figure out what it could be.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi again: It could be a pinched nerve or just about anything...Try not to worry and relax...Take care..

Caroline
|

replied September 29th, 2011
It is most likely from your panic attack. Anxiety has a symptom of tingling feelings anywhere in your body. I get it too and I went to the doctor just to make sure. My doctor told me it's just my anxiety and that I'm healthy! Trust me, anxiety has a way of making you think something is totally wrong when it's not! You're only 20 and I'm 21. My doctor told me straight out...to start enjoying life and to stop making anxiety get the best of me! You should too! I've been feeling better since then! I still think negative here and there, but other than that...I'm slowly learning to fight my anxiety. I hope we all get better!
|
Users who thank anxiousbritt for this post: harvey93 

replied February 14th, 2012
Anxiety
Hi, iv been having the same symptoms as you, a slight tingling feeling and sometimes a short burst of pain. Iv had my heart checked and its perfectly fine. I feel like the more I think about it the more I can notice it. Anxiety sucks take it from me Razz, but these responses are really helpful, just try to ignore it and make the best out of life. Also iv started taking a natural medicine called Veeva and it's really helpful there is nothing in it that can harm you its all natural. It reduces physical and mental stress, which will make you feel better and hopefully reduce your anxiety Smile try it out!
|

replied November 18th, 2012
help!!
i get the same feeling right at my heart and in the shoulder blades for last two days idk if im just thinking its there it stinks so bad, these panic attacks are literally controlling my life. idk how to overcome then i tried everything
|

replied April 6th, 2013
here we go again! anxiety!
im 25 and ive had attacks since the age of 18. im having one right now! i hate them. i feel a tingly sensation in the left side of my face and jaw as well as that weird sensation in my left chest area. ive been to the doctor numberous times and they tell me the same thing every time! its anxiety! they proscribed me xanax...it helped a little. iv been out of xanax for a week now and i think thismorning i will go back to the dr. to get some more. this is realy interupting my family life as well as my job.

-chris s.
|