Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Tingling Pin-sticking sensation in legs

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I get this tingling pin-sticking sensation in my legs, at times when walking it feels as if someone has held a string across the front of my legs causing me to trip. Just wondering what it could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
AugustusMe1,

You may have something called neurogenic claudication. This is usually caused by spinal stenosis. Usually the symptoms include numbness/tingling, pain, weakness in the lower extremities when walking over a certain distance.

In this disorder, the patient usually has to sit down or bend over for the symptoms to go away. This is in contrast to vascular claudication, which is pain in the legs due to poor circulation, where patients usually only have to stop walking, but not sit down.

If the symptoms continue or get worse you should see your physician for an evaluation. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply