Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Tingling in right abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
My boyfriend whos is 24 years of age has been feeling this strange sensation around the right side of his stomach and sometimes in his side. He says it doesn't HURT it just feels werid. He describes it as sometimes a tingle, or fuzzy almost itchy feeling. He also said it feels like something is moving in his guts. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are any parasites because he does not have any other gastric problems such as vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appitite etc. He has seen a doctor with no luck

If anyone has any input please let me know. rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ljmjr
|

replied January 9th, 2009
I am experiencing something similar Too. I am 23 yr old female. I have burning along with tingling/scratchy numbness. Its weird. I go in for a upper GI on monday. I have been treated for ulcers but it has not worked so hopefully its not something too serious. I already have enough anxiety as it is!
|

replied January 31st, 2009
appendicitus
hi,
You may have an appendix acting up.
Go get it checked by a doctor,
You dont want it to burst
|

replied April 30th, 2011
I have similar symptoms as described by Ambercpht. I have had blood tests, ultrasound, endoscopy with GI Dr. No answers yet. Has anyone had a diagnosis for this stomach tingling, pressure on right side?
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
tingling on the right side of the upper stomach
I have the same as ricktrish with blood tests etc. yet no answer has anyone got any idea what this could be ?
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Same experience, recent change in diet and exercise patterns
I recently started experiencing the same thing.

This began a couple days ago. In the weeks prior to this I had been drinking a lot more soda (coca cola and mexican coca cola), Redbull energy drink and coffee because I have been working a lot and need the caffeine to work long hours. Also been drinking a couple beers after work to help me go to sleep after all the caffeine during the day.

Also, I hadn't exercised much over the past year until a month before this started happening. In the month prior to this I'd been working out five times a week. 90 minute aerobic 1 day a week, 60 minutes aerobic exercise 1 day a week, 10 minute strength training 3 days a week.

So I wanted to note these recent lifestyle changes which may or may not be involved with this. Has anyone who is having the same issue been doing anything similar? Increase in Energy drinks, soda, caffeine or exercise?

Also, those who had this problem months ago and posted about it, any updates on what it was?
|

replied April 9th, 2012
I have been having the same symptoms and i done the energy drinks and exercised program sense i have been having the tingling stomach and sides and my back. I have been diagnosed with H-pylori this is a bacteria that causes ulcers and I have been through two rounds of antibiotics and I am going to get tested again, i still have the symptoms so i don't think it has cleared up yet. Antibiotics are suppose to clear this up. this is something you may need to be tested for.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
possible it is from a change of life stle
it could be possible that this is related to drinking fizzy drinks or as jstrd said a change of life style as notice it more after I have been drinking a beer we have here which is particularly fizzy. Can't be sure though..... I have not had any answers as to this since posting
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
tingling in lower lower right abdomen
In reply to JSTRD,

I have had the tingling feeling in the lower portion of my right abdomen for the last 4-5 days. No pain, just a weird tingling, that i have never felt before.

I also have increased my intake of energy drinks within the last month or so having around 1 a day....every now and then 2. So there may be a connection there with the energy drinks, caffeine, etc...
|

replied March 18th, 2012
crazy feeling in right side of stomach
I have the same thing going on with me and i have had blood drawn and ultra sound they found nothing... i mean its crazy feeling and i cant lean to the right and sometimes it does hurt if anyone founds out what they have let me know cause im sick of paying doctor bills and them not do anything about it
|

replied September 6th, 2012
I'm headed to the dr tomorrow for the same thing. A tingling in right side, about waist level. Almost feels like contractions or a muscle spasm but it doesn't hurt - just feels weird. So far no one has any answers????
|

replied September 26th, 2012
I have been experiencing all the same. I first noticed it after several weeks of sitting in the wrong position in my office chair. Its tingling sometimes both sides below the right rib/abdomen especially. I have had bloods and ultra sound done but nothing found. I can only put it down to muscular skeletal damage - strained or pulled or even maybe a mild hernia. Also hard to sleep on that side too..
|

replied March 6th, 2013
Abdominal tingling
I have the same tingling and then numb like feeling in top right of abdomen. Weirdest feeling! I have had it for about a month now. Its right below my rib cage and when I touch the area I feel like it is a bit sensitive like a bruise that has almost healed. I have no illnesses. I do not drink soda but I do drink coffee. Anyone ever find out what it was or have a diagnosis?
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Has anyone had a correct diagnosis?!

For about a week now I've felt something in my right abdomen beneath and below my rib age. Its as if an internal organ is inflammed and causes pressure. It has progressively gotten worse and I now have tingling sensations that sometimes spread throughout the entire abdomin and sometimes pain. My ultrasound didn't show anything and I'm still waiting for my blood test results. I will keep you all posted. But please, if anyone has an idea of what could be the cause I and the rest of us would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
|

replied June 11th, 2013
So after many tests the problem has been diagnosed and I have a "faulty gallbladder" that is only working at 7%. Other symptoms that developed were yellow stool, dark urine, and all problems are worse when seated. I hope this post can help anyone who is having similar symptoms and doesn't know what's wrong. Good luck!
|

replied June 26th, 2013
I have the same type of symptoms that happen after drinking a few beers, spicy foods, several cups of coffee, etc. Can you explain the tests they ran to determine gallbladder issues? I have had an ultrasound, blood work, and an Upper GI done. The only thing they could find was mild gastritis. My mom had her gallbladder removed about my age (34) so it very well could be an issue with mine.

Thanks.
|

replied June 26th, 2013
A pipida scan was done to check gallbladder function. They injected dies into my blood stream and watched them go into my gallbladder. An ultrasound was done to check for stones which I don't have. Blood work was done to check for parasites and liver function...I think.

My great grandmother and sister had their gallbladder removed. They also found mild gastritis with me too but the doc said it didn't mean anything. It's just redness in my stomach.

What color is your feces. I'm no doc but to me it sounds like the problem is your liver. I only say that because fat intake usually affects your gallbladder and alcohol and spicy foods usually affect your liver since it is your body's main filter.

Let us know what they find and good luck!!!
|

replied June 26th, 2013
Hi, I had very similar lifestyle changes and it sounds like the rest of those on this forum have as well. It was determined that my gallbladder is the problem. I think my system may have just gone through so much shock that the issue was caused. Anyway, goodluck!
|

replied June 26th, 2013
I was concerned it was my liver also because last year I was not feeling well for weeks and blood test came back with elevated liver enzymes. I was tired all the time, low grade fever, night sweats were the symptoms. I stopped drinking and taking Tylenol (for the fever reduction) and the enzymes quickly returned to normal. There was no discomfort at all. Three different doctors have diagnosed that as an infection, not hepatitis as those test returned negative. I have had blood work done several time since and the levels remain in the normal ranges. The original symptoms have not returned.

During this time I changed my diet and began working out. I have also been under more stress that at any point in my life due to changing jobs and building a house. I still drink socially but definitely not heavily. I have started tracking what I eat and along with what I mentioned above, fatty red meat (ribeye steak) and fried food also cause these symptoms.

We close on the house Friday and I am hoping that my stress levels return to normal as does whatever is going on. If not I will ask for further tests.
|

replied August 6th, 2013
I wanted to follow up so if anyone stumbles on this they get at least have one resolution. I was still having discomfort under the right side of the rib cage so I went the doctor again for blood workup. All of that came back perfect, no issues whatsoever. So I began to describe what I was feeling on the right side with pain that radiated up to my right shoulder blade. I have been really gassy after eating as well. She sent me for a HIDA test and it revealed a slow functioning gallbladder. It is not emptying correctly so I am meeting with a surgeon to discuss options. My primary did not mention stones, just that the gallbladder was abnormal.
|

replied January 13th, 2014
Right Side gets numb or feels like something their...no pain
Crazy such a common issue. Mine started 2 months ago. No gallbladder so that is ruled out. I have a small ovarian cyst and told the numbness could be transferred to different areas but that would exclude the males with the same issue, right? I purposely didn't eat much this weekend and it acted up as soon as I had 2 good size mugs of warm tea, again after eating a little. It's like my side is swelling up and getting numb...no pain. I drink a lot of coffee and a dark beer when I drink. The closest thing on the internet I have seen is kidney issues...stones or disease?
|