Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Tingling in legs, arm, and face

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I started experiencing tingling in my calves 2 weeks after my Breast Augmentation, now it is from my knees down to my feet, occasional my arm and spots on my face. None of my docs think its related to my surgery. It has now been going on for 10 weeks it isn't painful, doesn't even feel like the pins and needles, just little tingling sensations that are very annoying and worrisome. I had some blood work done( sugar, thyroid, vit b12, anemia) all came back good, still waiting on a few others. My Sed Rate was 18. I had a EMG and it showed slightly abnormal to neuropathy. I am a healthy 28yr female 123lbs, 5.5ft and never had any issues before this. Great Blood Pressure, never been in the hospital for anything besides my kids. The neurologist did other tests in the office like sensory, eye, and other neuro tests all passed with flying colors. Going for a Brain MRI next week. I don't have any other symptoms that I can think of besides occasionally twitches mostly in my legs, a few other spots but its not bad and usually only notice it while I am sitting or lying down (same with the tingling usually when I am sitting/lying down). I feel a little weakness in my knees sometimes but the tests she did showed no signs of weakness. It seems to get worse at night if that makes any sense. Don't think its RLS though. I had never been under anesthesia before my sx could it be something from that??? Any suggestions or opinions in my case would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sasha0820
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
You need to have an MRI with and without contrast...brain and spine. You mentioned you will soon have a brain MRi....this is good.

In the meantime keep a journal of these things...hopefully it is nothing that can't be repaired.
|

replied June 15th, 2009
I am having basically the same issue expect the tingling/numbness is only in my right arm and right leg. Left side of my body is normal. It seems to happen mostly when I'm sitting but occasionally when I stand still too long. My neurologist has put me through lots of tests including an MRI of the brain. Luckily no issues there. Next step is checking my neck and back for a pinched nerve. I have had 2 back surgeries in my life (for scoliosis) so my doctor and I are pretty confident we are going to find that the scar tissue in my neck and back is pinching a nerve. Like Sasha's, mine is not painful, just annoying and a little scary.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
it could be that during surgery there was a nerve pinched as there are lots of veins vessels. lymphatic drainage ect runs through the breast. if you show signs of slightly abnormalty to neuropathy then it could have happened during surgery but surgeons will never admit to this. I would drop saying it happened after surgery and ask for some nerve conductor tests with blood circulation test ect see if there is anything wrong under your arms also at your neck you have major blood vessels runs along there and if its been disturbed in anyway it could give you the symptoms you describe you may find out more after mri scan as this will also see neck good luck
|