Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

tingling and burning sensation in hands and feet and facce

I woke up two days ago with tingling in both hands and feet and face. Had muscle weakness and just felt foggy. Went to urgent care, and they thought maybe allergic reaction. Anti Histamine meds are not working, and tingling continues. Also when I run water over my hands, they feel like they are burning.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs.

The most common cause of such symptoms can be due to

1. Vascular disorders - affecting the blood supply, like Transient ischemic attacks, Strokes, Raynaud's syndrome, etc.
2. Neurological injury - due to trauma, low back injury, pressure on nerves (herniation of spinal discs), etc.
3. Peripheral neuropathy - associated with Vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
4. electrolyte imbalances
5. Thyroid disorders
6. Diabetic neuropathy, migraines
7. Hyperventilation disorders , panic attacks
8. Repetitive stress injuries - Carpal tunnel syndrome, pressure neuropathy.

Hence for proper diagnosis of your condition, additional medical history as well as few tests may be helpful. Hence you might consult your doctor for proper advice. Treating the condition may make the symptoms go away or stop them from getting worse.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.