Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

time frame for genital warts

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
my partner of five years has developed genital warts. i know that he had them bfore he met me, and apparently had them treated with iodine which removed them. i know that they can come back after treatment, but is it possible after all this time? He has shown no symptoms for 5 years, so is this definite proof he has cheated? will i def have contracted it - have no symptoms as yet.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2010
Hi
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If genital warts are due to HPV infection, they will not go away completely. With topical treatment, the acute episode will be resolved. The infection can continue to have outbreaks in between at intervals of time (so it does not give any proof of him cheating on you). The treatment with oral antivirals will have better effect in controlling infection.
You would have already contracted it and might be asymptomatic at present. Get confirmatory tests done to see if you too have got the infection.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.