Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Tickling feeling all over body

i couldnt sleep for HOURS i over slept the day before. too much actually and i wanted to get back into my schedual so i took some tylonol pm to get sleepy. by 12 am i was asleep but this weird sensation came over and i felt a very very deep tickling sensation all over my body everytime i felt relaxed. and i had to move around, kick or turn about in the bed everytime i felt it.. i was kicking and moving all night because the tickling sensation was unbearable. it would go away fora few seconds everytime i moved, but then if i laid still it would become unbearable again.. i finally passed out i dont know whe, around 3 or 4 hours later
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2009
omg. i get this too. it drives me crazy. have you figured out what it is yet?
|

replied October 21st, 2009
I suffer from this and have not been able to find out why or what causes it. It has gotten worse over the last couple of months and I dont know what else to do. Nothing helps. Moving around or tensing my muscles helps for about 30 seonds. Sleeping pills, antacids, painkillers, avoiding caffine, increasing caffine...nothing makes a difference. This is driving me nuts! There isnt much out there besides a handful of people suffer the same ailment. Someone , somewhere know what this is and how to either effectively deal with this or stop it.
|

replied October 25th, 2009
Experienced User
These sensations probably aren't that bad when you are standing right? You only feel them while sitting or lying down correct? Another question I'd like to pose here is do you live in close proximity to one of the GWEN towers or a cell tower? Another question do you hear aubible tones that periodically ring in your ears and then go away. If however you have nano particles inside your body possibly from chemtrail fallout those non dissapating contrails that hang in the sky for hours contain these particles and then you are suseptable to the ELF frequencies that are brodcast from those towers. (Human Antenna) I know this will be hard for most of you to swallow but either you have benign facicisulation syndrome or you are a victim of the above scenario most likely. I suffer from this as well and nothing works sleep aid taking in extra magnesium balancing electrolytes nothing.
|

replied October 26th, 2011
The same thing has been happening to me. First i thought i had bed bugs or something. I even called people to come look at it and they said i don't have the bed bugs but i keep tickaling when im in bed. I can't sleep at all, i have been sleeping on the couch some nights. The only way i can fall asleep is if i take sleeping pills. But now that you mentioned the power line, i live right next to huge power lines. So you think it is a sleeping disorder and i am not crazy the..lol
|

replied December 1st, 2009
I am a 25 year old female and I have had this for about 15 years. My doctor diagnosed it as Restless Legs Syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs _syndrome

My doctor gave me a prescription called Requip but I had a very difficult time with nausea while taking it and I eventually stopped taking it because of this. It eased my symptoms but I would rather suffer the symptoms than having to get up in the middle of the night to vomit. I took the medicine for about a year and for some reason I don't get symptoms much anymore these days, only a couple of times a week. The only thing I've found that works for me is wrapping up very tightly in a blanket or wearing tight socks that go up to my knees. If that doesn't work I just deal with it until it goes away or I fall asleep.

Some of the causes could be serious or indicative of a more serious problem (like circulation issues), so best to see a doctor just in case.
|

replied October 8th, 2012
i have been experiencing the same for months now and it's getting worse, it drives me crazy every night and i'm not able to go to sleep for hours,i look for bugs in my bed and sometimes i think i'm going crazy and my husband laughs at me, i remember my mother used to have the same thing when she was my age and now i have it too i want to know what's the name for it and what's causing it i'm scared to go see a doctor
|

replied October 8th, 2012
i have been experiencing the same for months now and it's getting worse, it drives me crazy every night and i'm not able to go to sleep for hours,i look for bugs in my bed and sometimes i think i'm going crazy and my husband laughs at me, i remember my mother used to have the same thing when she was my age and now i have it too i want to know what's the name for it and what's causing it i'm scared to go see a doctor
|

replied January 3rd, 2014
fuzzy feeling
I have this occasional weird feeling of a full body tickle and its uncomfortable. Its a bit electrical in sensation. The one incident where it was particularly strong and all over the house was back in 2000. The house interior had this weird electrical charge in the air that was uncomfortable. My husband couldn't sleep either. So we both went into the kitchen to make a snack. On top the table laid a purse destined for an upcoming yard sale. The long purse handles were STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR WIGGLING LIKE A SERPENT! My husband can corroborate this. We watched it wiggling for about ten minutes then without warning my husband grabbed it and said'there! It stopped!' Over the next few months he became INSANE. Unfortunately he's still insane and we are separated. So I suggest, just as a precaution, pray first for god to remove that awful ticklish electrical feeling and ask for His protection from evil forces. Thats it.
|

replied February 6th, 2014
Wow, had these forever
I have never been able to explain this adequately to anyone. It is exactly like I am standing close to electricity! I get tickly feeling in part or all of my skin, deep down. Sometimes a motrin works, other times a warm bath works. Sometimes I have to take a Xanax. When I am extremely busy I don't notice it. When I am on the computer or using phone a lot it is very bad. I grew up with power poles running into my backyard, and am curious if this is from too much electricity. I am going to drink lots of toxic cleansing teas and probiotics type foods and see if that has a calming effect.
|

replied May 27th, 2014
I was googling last night to see if I could find anything on this horrible tickling that happens to me. I can across this post and decided to join because, last night I finally found some relief and wanted to help if I could. I recently started using essential oils and last night tried peppermint oil all over my body and it worked! After two years I finally got a nights sleep. I know this is an old post but am hoping you all see this and find some relief. I know how awful it is.
|

replied June 5th, 2014
Experienced User
tickling feeling is really an strange disease
|
Quick Reply