Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

throwing up in mornings

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
My 2 yr old daughter woke up on Thursday 01/15/09 and vomits in our car on the way back home from taking her father to work. I didn't think anything of it she wasn't running a fever and she was perfectly fine the rest of the day! Then on Fri. 01/16/09 same exact thing happened, she woke up feeling fine we got in the car to take her father to work and on the way back home she vomits. I called her doctors office and spoke with a nurse, they said with no fever they didn't need to see her and that it could be sinus drainage or car sickness. My husband and I was thinking car sickness since she didn't throw up anymore during the day. My parents kept her for the weekend and Sat. and Sun. no throwing up, but she also wasn't in a car, so once again everyone is thinking it must be car sickness! Then this morning Mon. 01/19/09 I call my dad to check on her and he told me that she had woke up for about 10 min. and threw up her dinner from the night before and her milk! Once again no fever and he said she felt just fine after throwing up! This rules out car sickness! I need to know if any other parent has gone through this and what it could be! I pick her up tomorrow and I need to know if I should take her to the doctor even with no fever??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I'm sorry your daughter seems to be going through so much!

I have a few suggestions for you. Check her blood sugar levels: what is her diet like? Is it high in protein or mostly sweets? She can have pretty bad sugar lows with a diet that is high in sugar.

Another suggestion is to go to an ENT and check her ears. Since it seems to happen a lot in the car, it might be that there is some fluid problem in her ear that is causing her to become dizzy to vomit.

The only other thing I can think of is thyroid. Have this checked. I have a relative who used to throw up like this and needed thyroid medication. Doctors for children with this condition were hard to find, so I hope you have luck if this is the case.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Experienced User
I'm having something similiar with my 2 year old daughter...she eats very little as it is (and I mean seriously very little) and for 3 nights in a row after putting her to bed...about half an hour later she is being sick and bringing what she has eaten back up all in her cot...then we had a break from it for 2 nights but it has started again tonight..we put her up to bed and about an hour or so later she has been sick again everywhere.She also has no temperature..we have all had a bit of a tummy bug recently but we havn't been being sick...just runny pooh's.She also does not have a temerature and seems well through out the day (touch wood).she used to love yogurts but now doesn't even want to eat those.
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
The Doctor Visit!
Well my daughter got sick Thursday morning (01/22/09) @ midnight. All day Wednesday she was fine no vomiting nothing and we all hoped it was over! She went to bed @ 9:40 and then woke up @ 12 and had chronic diarrhea! I guess we changed 12 poop diapers (or more)before she went and sat on the toilet and finished it up! Then @ 4:30 in the morning she told us her chest was hurting and got out of the bed and went in the hall and let out this HUGE BURP before vomiting again all over the place! We took her to her pediatrician Thursday afternoon and she said that it was a certain type of stomach virus and it was lasting a long time in toddlers! She said it was very common and was nothing to worry about, the toddler don't run a fever just vomiting and diarrhea and usually the toddler feels fine during the day and sometimes (like my daughter) goes a few days and nights with no symptoms and then hits them again all of a sudden! She seems to be feeling some better today, but if any other parent is having the same problem you should take them to the doctor to put your mind @ ease!
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Sorry about not suggesting the stomach virus! I don't know why I didn't think of that, epseically since it's been going around so much in my part of the house for a while now with my children and with my husband and I. Some of these viruses can last an entire month. Just when you think it's gone, it comes back. Just try to keep her hydrated, and wait it out. Sorry again.
|

replied March 19th, 2009
my child
my teen woke up in the morning happy and full of energy and she went out with her worker to do some shopping she was gone formaybe 4 hours and when she came home she started to throw up was it something she ate or do you think it is a bug? im asking you here because she has disablities
|