Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Throwing up during period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 14 years old. And my mother is in Jamaica and i refuse to talk to my dad about this. This has only happened for the last 2 months, when i get my period it VERY bad cramps. I can't concentrate or do anything but lay down and cry. If i don't take any medicine i get nauseated and throw up seconds after, is this somewhat normal or should I go to a doctor? or do you have any idea what could be wrong. I've had my period since 4th grade.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
MissDestiny, It is not normal but it happens and it is not something you have to live with. Your doctor can treat this. It is most often does with birth control pills. Birth control pills can control PMS and PMDD.

Do you have an aunt, grand mother, older sister, teacher or school nurse you can talk to? Maybe one of your good friend's mom?

Best of luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: MissDestiny