Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

throw up after eating and have lime green bowel movements

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have been having alot of pain under the right side of my ribs around to my back. i cant eat without throwing everything up, i have been having lime green bowel movements n peeing every 20 mins. i have been to the er 8 time n my regular doctor. ive had blood test urine test ultrasounds ekg and they all come back normal. no can seem to figure out whats wrong with me!!! Any ideas on whats wrong with me? ive had these symptoms for a month now!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2012
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A32541
Welcome to e health forum.

The ultrasound finding of inflammation of the bile duct, could possibly be due to gall bladder dysfunction. The cause is usually due to poor dietary habits, chronic liver diseases, obesity and a sedentary ‎lifestyle. ‎ ‎

The common presentation due to gall bladder dysfunction include - Pain or tenderness under the rib ‎cage on ‎the ‎right side , Pain ‎‎between shoulder blades, Stools light or chalky colored, Indigestion after ‎eating, ‎‎especially fatty or greasy foods, ‎‎Nausea, Dizziness, Bloating, Gas, Burping or belching, ‎Feeling of fullness or ‎food ‎not digesting, Diarrhea (or ‎‎alternating from soft to watery) and or ‎Constipation. ‎

In case the HIDA scan, done shows the Gall bladder function to be less than 35%, then it will be conclusive. ‎

Improved diet (Avoidance of high fatty foods and grease), Physical exercise, weight loss provide the best results ‎in ‎individuals with low functioning gall bladder. Medicines to improve digestion and cleanse the gall bladder ‎can also ‎be prescribed to help in improvement of symptoms. ‎

The definitive treatment of such conditions is cholecystectomy for patients who are able to tolerate surgery.‎

In many patients, coexistent GERD is also a contributing factor for the symptoms. Hence in many individuals ‎who ‎undergo Gall bladder removal, the symptoms due to GERD will cause persistent symptoms. Hence it is ‎important to ‎work with a gastroenterologist and rule out Gastric Reflux disorder, and treat it properly. ‎Effective treatment of such ‎conditions may negate the need for a gall bladder surgery. ‎

But in case, the symptoms are predominantly due to gall bladder, then treatment of both GERD and ‎gallbladder ‎removal may be needed. ‎
‎ ‎
You might consider to consult your health care provider for additional information and seek proper advice.‎

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.