Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

throbbing chest pain

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hi,
for 2 days now i've been experiencing a throbbing chest pain (i feel it everytime my heart beats) right in the centre of my chest that radiates slightly towards my throat. It's okay if i sit still, breath quietly and don't talk. but as soon as i stand up or walk around or do anything that increases my heart rate, it throbs. It's also painful on deep inspiration.
And it is extremely painful when i lie down such that i can't lie down for more than 5 seconds because my heartbeat and breathing in is so painful. It's a sort of sharp ache, and is much worse today that yesterday. i was hoping it would go away, and i need it to quickly because i have exams in a few days!!
Have been searching on google and there is nothing like this anywhere? has anyone ever experienced this before?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2011
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

From the available history, the symptoms of severe epigastic chest pain, palpitations and symptoms that worsen with inspiration seems to be due to pneumonia or chest wall inflammation.

You might benefit by a chest X ray and blood tests to rule out any infection.

You might consult your treating doctor or a pulmonologist for any other necessary tests that might be considered needful.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.