Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Throbbing annoying pain in left breast

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Just a little concerned. I've been having throbbing annoying pains in my left breast for about 2 weeks on and off. I can't seem to find an answer that isn't breast cancer . I am only 19 years old. It could very much be that I injured my breast five months ago because my boyfriend decided to squeeze my breast hard.

I had my blood tested about 2 or 3 months ago..it came back all negative. I've had pain before that. But this newer pain is concerning me. I was breathing in and I got this very sharp pain which restricted me from taking large breaths, and coughing. Then after I have been having this throbbing pain. I could have possibly just injured it again because I don't wear bras all the time. I only want to go to the doctors if this is something I should be real worried about. I am really afraid of having breast cancer because well who wouldn't be. Could breast injury possibly cause cancer? I've heard rumors that if you get hit in the breasts so many times you can get cancer...is that true?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the one sided breast pain that you describe without examining you. Breast pain can be due to hormonal changes, breast lump, mastitis, ductal infection, presence of cysts, pre-cancerous or cancerous changes, increase in estrogen production, water retention caused by hormonal changes etc. Look out for development of discharge from nipples (pus, blood tinged discharge or milk discharge). Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further thorough evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the breast pain that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.