Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Throat Pain When Breathing In

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I've been having this pain in my throat that is most prominent when I breathe in. Coughing, swallowing, chewing, speaking, and laughing are not a problem. It starts in the morning when I get up, is constant throughout the day, and eventually begins to subside in the evening and night (around 7pm). This has been a daily thing for about 3 months. Sometimes I feel the pain at the base of my throat, and sometimes I feel it up in my sinuses, behind my nose. It’s hard to isolate the exact place the pain is occurring. I do not have sore throat, runny nose, congestion, swollen glands, fever, or any other flu, cold-, allergy-, or sinus-relate symptoms. I have seen an ENT and she put a scope in my nose and looked through my nasal cavities, but not down my throat. She saw nothing of concern (except a deviated septum, which she was not concerned about). I have had blood work and a CT scan on my sinuses and am waiting for results; but suspect this will reveal nothing. This does not keep me up at night since the symptoms (for the most part) subside by the time I go to bed. I am a 49 year old white male. Do not have HBP or heart disease. I do not smoke. I do drink a couple of beers a night or less. I am not looking for a diagnosis so much as possibilities to ask the ENT doctor on my next visit. Doctors have a tendency to compartmentalize the way they diagnose problems rather than looking for a series possibilities. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|