Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Throat muscle pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello,
I am a 39 yo male with the following symptoms:

Pain in the front and sides of my throat muscles (no sore throat).
Started on or about July 18th.
No sinus drainage.
Feel the need to salivate, similar to just before throwing up. No nausea, but I feel similar to how I feel just before I do throw up...
Pain is low grade maybe a 2-3 on a 10 scale.
No fever.
Currently taking the following medications: Cephelexin (sp) for an infection on a cut on my toe (healed up in a few days, still taking medicine until complete. Take Vicodin and Naproxen for knee pain on occasion.
Throat pain started BEFORE I began to take the antibiotics.
Pain in my neck increases when I inhale sharply through my nose and the muscles contract.
Pain is not getting worse, but not getting better either.
Lymph nodes are not swollen.
Does not hurt to move my jaw or chew or swallow.

No other symptoms I can think of, please ask if I might have overlooked something.

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|