Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

three painful lumps under my armpit, sweat glands blocking?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
User Profile
I am a 62 yo male and have overnight developed three painful lumps under my armpit. They were not there when I went to bed but I woke up about 2am with some discomfort and felt these lumps. I have recently had an extensive health check and all results were satisfactory. I read that these may be caused by sweat glands blocking. On that same day I had undertaken a heavy weights session in a gym (I have been in training with a persoal trainer for 6 months as I will be trekking in April). I will be seeing a doctor in the next few weeks but could tyhis be caused by a heavy exercise session ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2012
Gland Disorders Answer A32759
Welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that the enlarged lymph nodes could be due to skin infections associated with bacterial overgrowth in sweat.

You may need to consult with a doctor for a examination and proper treatment with antibiotics.

Additional medications like Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) might also be needed to help relieve the pain and discomfort, that you might be having.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.