Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Thoughts and prayers please

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Yesterday i recieved the news that a family friend was killed in Afganistan on the weekend. He was a fanrastic person and i can remember playing with him and his brothers at my cousins house when i was a child and even having a crush on him when i was about six years old. His name was Dan Gamble and he was 22 years old and on his first tour, he'd only been in Afganistan for 2 months. It is such a waste of a young life. He became the 98th british soldier to be killed serving in Afganistan followed by two more from his regiment on the same day bringing the total to 100 british lives lost. Attached is a link where at the bottom is a video of his parents making a statement.

Rest In Peace Dan, you were an amazing person.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7444955.stm
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank Dannzibelle for this post: Jules 

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
:hug: im so sorry dani :hug:
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You guys are in my prayers Dani.
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry Danni, that's just tragic. I know it's not the same but I lost a family friend to stomach cancer when he was only 23 and I used to have a childhood crush on him too, he was a lovely, gentle man so I kind of know how you must be feeling. It's hard to believe that someone who was part of your life, your childhood, is gone. It's not fair for ones so young to be taken from us.

I will be thinking of you and the family of your friend who must be absolutely devastated. I'm sure they're proud of their brave boy though.

Here's a nice song:

Only the Good Die Young
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Supporter
I'm sorry Danni, that's so sad Sad
|

replied June 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
So sad. Sad
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
i'm so sorry hun x xx
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm sorry Dani. This war is wasting so many beautiful lives.
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2008
Supporter
omg dani my heart goea out to you hun
|

replied June 12th, 2008
Experienced User
So sorry to hear about your sad news Danni, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family and friends.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2008
Supporter
Thank you ladies. I just can't believe this has happened, it makes it seem so much more real what's going on out there now
|