Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Thoracic pain at level T8-T9

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
I was DIAGNOSIS: with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in 2007, and had Bilateral surgery in 2008. My Question is since Thanksgiving day I have been having rib pain on my Left side, that travels to my mid back at T8-T9 area. I have been doing PT for a twisted rib on the left side, with Joint Mobilization/Manual Traction, Manual Therapy, Soft Tissue Mobilization, General Therapeutic Exercises, muscle Strengthening-Isotonic/Isometric/Isokineti c, Joint Mobility - Stretching/ROM. When they try to put T8-T9 back in place it wont go in and anything I do makes the pain worse. I have been in the ER with chest pains. nothing seems to help but the pain is getting worse. I had x-rays done last week and they say," Mild arthritic change within the thoracic spine." But my Therapist say it looks like there is something else there or I have a fracture. What would be the next step to take or what test would be best to see what is going on with my Thoracic spine?

Thanks for your help.
KIMBERLY PAWLOWSKI
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi kimberly
if your therapist suspects a fracture she should be communicating this to the surgeon. if in fact there is a fracture i would question how appropriate manipulation of the muscles would be. ask your therapist what communication shes had wih the dr. also you could talk to the surgeon about this or even get a second opinion...pete
|
Did you find this post helpful?