Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

thin uterine lining

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
hello there,

i have been on clomid for two cycles.. this cycle on 13th day i went for an utrasound and i was told i have two mature follicles in each ovary of sizes 18mm and 24mm. she was very certain that i will conceive this month but wen she saw my uterine lining which was only 4.1mm on day 13th of my cycle she said i will not conceive as my lining is too thin for implantation. i have heard that the lining grows as the cycle proceeds. is it too late to do something to make it grow? i really hope i get pregnant ..for example if i get pregnant will this pregnancy last or will i miscarry? has there been any cases where people have conceived with thin uterine lining? please advise me as im really worried ...
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If the endometrial lining is thin, it will not be able to support the implantation and the fetal growth and development of placenta. Women can conceive with thin endometrial lining, but it usually results in a miscarriage.
Discuss with your gynecologist about getting you started on hormonal supplements after ovulation to help in implantation.
Alternatively get a hormonal analysis done to make sure the hormonal levels are normal. If they are found to be abnormal, first a correction would be required for them to be back to normal, before you can plan for pregnancy again to avoid chances of miscarriage and have a healthy pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.