Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Thick, white vaginal discharge - No irritation or itching

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am having a thick, white discharge that is the consistency of lotion but am experiencing no itch or irritation that would suggest a yeast infection. The discharge does not smell bad or like bread, which is what I've read a yeast infection smells like. It hardly smells like anything. Any idea what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
When did it start?
How long has this been going on?
Does it change over your menstrual cycle?
When did your last period start and when do you expect the next one?
How old are you?
Are you sexually active and do you practice safe sex?
|

It started about a week and a half ago. I've never had this issue before so I don't know if it changes with my menstrual cycle. I'm due for my period in a week, the last one ended Sept 14. I am 31, sexually active. I do not use condoms with my husband. Thank you!
|

Community Volunteer
So it is safe to rule out STDs and pregnancy.

It can certainly be because of a change in your hormone levels. That does happen from time to time. It can also be caused by prescription medicines (if you started that recently).

Then there is also the case of the sneaky yeast infection that hides itself.

If it does not go away after your next period, see your doctor to make sure it is ok.

Best of luck!
|