Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

they say i had stool stuck in my intestine?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
why is my stomach bloated and i have pain all around stomach and back like a ring all around i have a fatty infiltrated liver and diabetic high blood pressure and trigiliceres and cholostero i went to the hospital and they say i had stool stuck in my intestine but i have bowel movements every day.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A19551
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

From the history provided it seems that your symptoms might be due to indigestion, gastric reflux or gastritis.

Here are some tips for you to resolve your symptoms.

1. Change and develop good dietary habits including, eating several small meals daily.

2. Diet should include fresh fruits, fiber rich foods.
Avoid spicy foods, fats and fried foods.
Also avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, colas, and smoking.
Avoid processed foods (Junk foods from refined carbohydrates),
Eat freshly cooked food from whole grains.

3. Adopt proper posture.

4. Don't eat for at least three hours before you go to bed. If you have symptoms at night, try raising the head of your bed six to ten inches.

5. Maintaining adequate hydration.

6. Adopting a sitting upright posture for 1 hr post meals will help in relieving the symptoms.

7. Avoid foods to which you are intolerant.

8. In addition, using activated charcoal (For stomach gas), OTC antacids (tums, mylanta, maalox) and Omeprazole (acid reducer) will also help the symptoms.

You might consider consulting a physician who after a physical examination can rule out other conditions.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.