Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

they found a large mass on my thyroid in my throat.

I am 37. A week in a half ago I found a lump on the side of my neck. I went to the dr. and he said it was nothing to worry about. I wasnt happy with that answer. I told him I wanted an ultrasound. So Monday last week I had one. To my surprise they found a large mass on my thyroid in my throat. I was SHOCKED. I had a biopsy 2 days later. 6 fine needle biopsy which didnt hurt at the time. But its been hell ever since. Its been almost a week and still havent heard anything and my neck hurts so bad as well as my throat. Its worse then it was before I had the biopsy done. I have a hard time swallowing. Before I was told all this I did have sore throats all the time no biggie didnt think of anything. Didnt relize the lump was noticeable and large. It hurts!!!!!!!!! I can breathe, I can swallow but its obvious something is there. I sometimes choke on my spit and other things. My voice does go horse but I also smoke. Why is the test taking so long to get back. The doctor told me 90 percent chance I dont have cancer. But as I read everyones stories seems they say that to all the patients. I cant sleep on my right side of my neck cause it does hurt so bad. The question is do I have cancer or not. I dont know and everyone says no you dont your too younge. Doesnt run in the family. I cant lose weight and I have gained wait. I am so tired all the time and my body aches...should I prepare myself for them telling me I have cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2012
I can't tell you if you have cancer or not but maybe I can help relieve you a bit. My mom had a thyroid nodule biopsied - twice. First time the test was inconclusive (said they missed the mass) the second took a very long time to get the results - but thank goodness was benign. My mom is also a smoker and had same symptoms as you. Her dr told her most cysts on thryoid are benign. She was also sore after her biopsies - it did eventually go away (can't remember how long). Try to think positive. I know the worry about biopsies - just had a lymph node done and now waiting to do a bone marrow. Its not fun and your mind does horrible mind games. Call the office - ask them when you can expect the results so you are waiting needlessly. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?