Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

There is a purple/black bump on my vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I always examine my vagina to make sure nothing looks weird looking everyday and today i went to go shave and i pulled the lip to the side so i could shave and i saw something that looked bruised it looks purple but it also looks black it doesnt hurt its just smooth but it feels like a bump its about the size of nickel maybe a little smaller and across from that is a little one that is starting but i have no clue what it is? My mother said it could be a ingrown hair that needs to be pulled out but theres no hair there.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile pitbull_lover
|

replied March 4th, 2010
I have the same thing happening. Not to be grossing you out but I already have type 2 herpes (no biggie had it for years) and this was a result of shaving (MONTHS AGO!) It cleared up some then just got worse today Sad So here I am browsing around. But thought I'd respond to let you know it isn't an std. It probably is an ingrown hair (I dont see the hair either on me) my sore is Exactly as you described but bleeds cuz i tried to squeeze it. Sad Gross subject I know but your alright - dont shave that area for some time and try to keep the area dry and free from iritatants. Mine is on the left of my vagina near my leg more where the bikini line is. It has a hole in the center of it that looks as big as small needle. I know the difference between herpes outbreaks and these. My brother gets them as well. You are alright - but sometimes they scar Sad I wish someone would post a remedy !
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2010
i had something like that happen to me but my bump was red and it felt hard and it did hurt when i touched it. i was freaking out so i went to my doctor and she said it was irritation because of shaving, hope this helps and if i were u i would just go to get it checked better safe than sorr i alwas say, good luck
|

replied September 1st, 2010
help?
I am having the same problem and I know it's kinda sad but I'm really freaking out. There's a red bump on my vagina and it is a little purple around the middle of it. I read what you posted and I really hope it is just a Ingrown hair but I don't know. I'm way to embaressed to tell anyone or go to the doctor. ( I know this is nasty) it did bleed when I tried to pop it but not much and the blood was kinda watery looking but still blood and the opening in the middle was as big a small needle. Please help?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
i've had one for about 6months now, its getting bigger and bigger, i just this minute got a pin out and tried to pop it and loads of blood came out, but its still black and i've been to doctors about it and they said its because im shaving upwards (against the hair growth line) instead of downwards, but mine wont go and i dont know what to to with it
|

replied June 4th, 2011
I have the same problem.it's been here for about 3months and it's sort of by my bikini line.I know it's probably not best to medicate myself but u know that tiny bottle of "tea tree oil" .it works crazy fast and amazing on fever blisters or sours so I'm gonna try it.Ohh.and it seems like it is a result of shaving because if I dont shave for about a week it practically goes away.fingers crossed!!!!
|

replied May 5th, 2011
I have the same spots, and I know it is NOT due to shaving, because I've had them for the last 4-5 years or so (I'm now 28 years old) and they've been there even during periods of time when I wasn't shaving or waxing at all. I don't know how it started, but I usually have between 2-4 of these bumps on either side of my groin area at a given time. There's one specifically on my right side that just will not go away. The ones that have gone away just magically disappeared on their own, but they've left hollowed-out dark purple/black spots in their place. It's HIDEOUS. People keep saying it could be a clogged sebaceous gland, but they offer NO solution to how to get rid of them, or drain them. Something important to also note is that - at least for me - these bumps are not ON my vulva, or near my vaginal opening at all. They sit on that groin tendon between my vagina and my leg, where my panties are, so it would make sense that maybe it is an oil gland that gets clogged or irritated sometimes due to my panties being there. It's always there, never goes away, is usually dormant, but sometimes gets inflamed. I HATE IT. When it's acting up, it feels like a long (about an inch), hard bump under my skin and it hurts SO much. Sometimes I literally cannot walk, cross my legs, sit down, etc, because the area is so tight and painful. And then it will one day just start to bleed on its own, as if it's releasing the pressure (I can't believe I'm saying this), but the blood seems to be mixed with a type of puss (disgusting, I know). So it's obvious that there is an infection of sorts. I am very clean, no STD's, I bathe/wash daily, giving special care to that area, so I can't imagine why or how this happened. Worst of all, I'm so discouraged that so far no one has been able to offer a solution (not even my gyno), and at this point I feel so ashamed of that area that I will not show it to my fiance. It's very depressing, and I just wish it would GO AWAY!!!
|
Users who thank sunrisereveal for this post: amandarose  Lor83 

replied June 27th, 2011
bump.
have you looked up Bartholins Cyst before? I have heard of girls with the black/purple spots (look like mini blood blisters) getting a pea sized cyst where these spots are. basically everyone says to relieve the pain with a hot bath or hot cloth, until it pops on its own.
|

replied June 27th, 2011
have you looked up Bartholins Cyst before? I have heard of girls with the black/purple spots (look like mini blood blisters) getting a pea sized cyst where these spots are. basically everyone says to relieve the pain with a hot bath or hot cloth, until it pops on its own.
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Wow, I am 31 years old and have been having the same exact problem that you are and in the same exact place. I know how you feel, it is very embarresing and hurts like hell. I have had mine for about 6-7 years. It goes away for a while then all of a sudden comes back bigger and more swollen then ever. My OBGYN told me that it is an ingrown hair caused from shaving my bikini area. The ingrown hair is still in there and is causing the infection. Basically the stran of hair in the lump keeps on growing and growing and basically there is nothing that you can do about it. I know how you feel it is extremly embaressing. I have had the same boyfriend for 10 years and I finally got the nerve to show it to him. If you ever find a solution to our problem, please let me know!!
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2011
My grand daughter who is 2yrs old got something like that and it was like a big black spot that hurt her so we took her to the doctor. Surprise she has mersa. He had to drain it and give her high dose antibioditic. Doc said playing outside or at the daycare not washing her hands and putting her hands in her panties is probably how she got it. Little girls are almost as bad as little boys about putting hands in their pants.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
a suggestion, instead of shaving; pull the hairs after a bath or shower and just think of your eyebrows
|

replied July 25th, 2011
Bumps :(
aaahhh please help i am 12 and i am not gunna tell my mom i shave down there i got 1 purple one and its huge its hursts soo bad plz help
|

replied July 25th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
maybe u could try this; tell mom of the problem and that u tried to solve it yourself by shaving to get a better idea of what it is and what to do.
if u have an infection it is wise to let dr. check
antibiotic-you need a dr prescription
difucan or fluconozole=u need a dr prescription
vaginitis or vaginosis=u need a dr prescription
tell mom u started by trimming because u did not want to be different from your peers
so; since u need mom's help and she has 100 times your experience and probably actually cares for and luvs u
. .good luck
|

replied August 17th, 2011
okay so im 16 and i shave down there but i do it downwards and i have like four huge bumps and i cant even sleep on my side or put my legs together and im walking like i have a stick up my rear. it hurts so bad. ive had one for about four days and the others just keep appearing. i want to go to the doctor but i am insecure about my vagina, and i cant tell my mom cus well lets just say i dont have one, and i dont know what to do i had sex unprotected like two weeks ago so im kinda freaking out like i think i have a disease.!!!! HELP!!!!????
|

replied August 17th, 2011
its on my mons pubis or whatever you call it.? ?????
|

replied August 18th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
your mons of venus also called mons of pubis is the PAD of fat area covering your pubic bone for when u have sex and get banged into and your public bone is very special. it actually has a hinge that allows movement for childbirth (amazing for a bone)
NOW AS TO your problem, tell mom anyway as she has 100 times more experience or see the Dr. BUT STOP SHAVING, and when u shave ALWAYS shave in the direction the hair grows, BUT SINCE U have multiple bumps as opposed to a single ingrown hair IT WOULD seem there may be an infection and u would need dr. to write script for antibiotics
it could be cellulitis which is extremely painful
it does not sound like STD so go see the dr
u will be fine
|

i cant tell my mom cus i dont have one. im in foster care, and dont feel confortable to talk to her about something like this, so what kinda doctor do i call. ?
and what is cellulitis?
|

Extremely eHealthy
since u r in foster care, call your case supervisor if u feel u can't talk to the mom in the house.,\
any dr is fine but don't put it off
. u can look up cellulitis as it will take a while to contrast it against what u seem to be exhibiting
. if this is in the area u say then it has nothing to do with your vagina, BELOW the mons is your inner labia and at the top u have your clitoris (a miniature penis so to speak) below is your urethra and inside the labia before the vagina r glands bartholin and skenes, then u have the vaginal vesibule, hymen and finally they vagina which is about 3 inches in length so maybe u r not describing the proper area,
HOWEVER ask your case worker to get u a dr appointment.
if u have never had a gyno exam, ask her or him or house mom so u know what to expect AND DON'T BE WORRIED because dr and nurse do this everyday to the point of boredom.
. don't just suffer, get a medical evaluation and ENJOY the rest of your life.
. . and good luck
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
Hey I just noticed a dark bumps on the side of my left bikini line. I know this is totally groos it made me sick to my stomach but I squeezed it and a long hair with some pastey yellow stuff came out then there was a nother decently long hair still there. I can be almost certain it is an in grown hair you guys are talking about you might just have to wait for all the blood to go away to pop it because I had noticed it before and tried to do that and blood came out. But as soon as you pop it it goes away dont worry . Hope this helps : )
|

replied November 27th, 2011
Thanks for telling me. Mine was red and it turned purple. Last night I realized it popped and blood was coming out. At least now I know it's going away.
|

replied November 27th, 2011
I attempted at shaving, but it hurt way too much and stopped. Then a few weeks ago I noticed I had a red bump on my area down there and a few nights it turned purple. It popped last night. I've been really freaked but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one and it's not cancerous or anything.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
im still unsure what i have cause i have had for bout 4 months now, it like a purple bump blister thing, after first it was just purple/black blister on the side on my vagina where my bikini line is. than lately i noticed that there is a bump growing under my skin where the blister is growing, it hasnt went way yet and i dont what it is.im to embarrest to ask my mom to look at or ask her what it can be. it swallon, and pinkish, and when i touch it, it dont hurt less i touch it hard. im afraid i dont know what it is, is a yeast infection? its it an std?, its it cancer?, is it herpes? is it something im doing wrong when i shave? i dont have money 2 go to a dr, so i cant do that, and i cant ask my mom it be to akward. i been doing research to see what it might be, my friend said it looked like a staff infection, but why would one be right there of all places? some one please help me i would appraciate it
|

replied February 24th, 2012
What Is This??
I have a purple bump thing on my bikini line and it comes there like every three months. It can't be because I shave my virginal area because they kept popping up way before I started shaving there. Anyway could it be AIDs or something? Before you go saying no, I am 17 now and was molested when i was 3 and raped when I was 7. It was both oral stuff, could I have caught something from that? I'm afraid to go to a doctor because I am very self conscious about my virginal area. HELP!!
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Pimple, ingrown hair, vagina, labia, black/ purple
I read through all of these posts, and everyone can relax. I find it shocking that a doctor wouldn't know what this is. These are ingrown hairs period end of story. The purple and black color is caused by the hair itself and blood that builds up. Sometimes ingrown hairs are super simple little red bumps with a mild irritation. Or no irritation at all, but remember and consider this, hair grows... And keeps growing. A lotof the time an ingrown hair goes unnoticed and will seem to come up hideously and out of no where! And the longer you leave the hair to grow it will make the area worse and worse. If you suffer from embarrassment, no health care or whatever ... A Doctor is not entirely required. To remove an ingrown hair at home find a pin, safety pin or whatever sterilize the pin, wash it wash your hands and wash the area. Do this after a shower! Now it may hurt and blood may or may not come out it may be a lot of blood or very little! No ingrown hair is going to be exactly the same. Now poke the tip of the pin into the skin and lightly pull the skin up to tear it and have tissue around to blog any blood. Allow the blood to come out, assist it gently with down and together finger tip motions. Once you can see the area very well you will likely spot the hair anduse the pin to scoop at it and pull it up, have tweezers (washed!) ready and use them if needed. Sometime you have to squeeze and tear the skin slightly to find the hair but never the need to cut it open like a gash so don't let your imagination freak you out anymore! Remember that fluids are naturally in the skin and their may be white blood cells (puss) their may be water like substance or a mixture of the three. If anything yellow has emerged it is likely infected, but how many times have you had a sinus infection or some bullspit like that, once the hair is removed the area is clean the body will clear that up! Now remember whether you shave do not shave, wax, pluck, it does not matter ingrown hairs happen everywhere on you legs arms etc... Ingrown hairs happen most commonly when a new or old hair is growing in. Young people teens have. We hairs growing In all the time, even If you think you have all of your pubic hair grown in and you are 16 you are not done yet. So listen practice safe sex, and don't give it up to any loser and make sure you care and love yourself! Their is nothing to ever to be embarrassed about with your body. Juevenile school mates and peers are the last peoPle to talk to about your body! Talk to someone who loves you! I mean really cares about you your mom, dad, older siblings. And if these people are not an option then talk openly to your doctor! Don't be foolish embarrassment only exists within yourself. If you do not want to be embarrassed then do not tell peers your personal issues because you don't know how you can trust private information from becoming a tool against you in a future argument or
Disagreement or falling out with those peers! Adults and professional health care workers are not going to judge a young person looking for help! They will always help you and if you do not get the right help or answers at first just ask the next adult or health care provider until you feel secure and happy. So do not worry this is not an std! Ps you do have hairs on the labia majora, small white little fuzz and those accompany the sweat glands and they cause pimples in grown hairs etc if they are blocked you can get pimples and ingrown hairs anywhere there is a sweat gland or hair follicle. Ok love love
|

replied March 24th, 2012
RE: Bumps
I get pimples or bumps on the outside of my vagina (not the inside), and they pop often. I think it is because the area is sensitive, and I do shave. I just had my OBGYN appointment and everything was normal, so I know it is not an STD, and I haven't been with anyone since my appointment. I am not close to a teen, but i struggle with breaking out in certain points in my cycle. When I get pimples on my face or neck, I also get a few on my legs, arms, shoulders, booty, and sometimes I get one on the outside of my vagina. These are pimples, NOT herpes, NOT warts. This happens to those of us with crazy hormones or ultra sensitive skin.
|

replied March 30th, 2012
Painful bumps
I have a lump under my skin, like some of the women who posted before, in the bikini area between my vagina and my leg. It used to be a bruise, but now the bruise is fading to leave a long (perhaps 5cm) and sensitive to the touch, bump under my skin. It has been there for 3 weeks or so now. I am concerned it may have something to do with the last wax I had, as it was more painful than usual. But if it was a trapped nerve I think it should have gone already, right? I also know what ingrown hairs are like, and I am certain it is not one of these. I am also concerned it is getting more rather than less pronounced, as I ride a bicycle a lot and today it was quite uncomfortable, which it hasn't been in the past. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas what it might be, and how to treat it, I am all ears!
|

replied April 18th, 2012
im having the same problem as yall . D:
i AM sexually active (im 15)
and i think its an STD...
we've only used a condom once out of maybe 10 times .
im scared to tell my mom...
which means i cant go to the doctor .
i just dont know what to do ):
|

replied June 20th, 2012
number one, you don't need to be sexually active at your age. you should worry about std's. you need to not be scared to tell your mom about it cause you do need to see the doc for it. it is called hidradenitis suppurativa and requires antibiotics to treat or it will continue to come back. it is caused by dead skin cells clogging up hair follicles/sweat glands and they become infected. it happens in the groin, armpit areas and other areas with folds like under the breast. it is best to apply a warm compress to reduce swelling, clean area with an antibacterial soap and apply a triple antibiotic to the area until you can get to the doctor so that you can get under a long term antibiotic (similarly used for cystic acne) to get it under control. There is no cure for it.
|

replied July 5th, 2012
I definately think mines an in grown hair, but do I dig and pull it out or just leave it?
|

replied August 8th, 2012
My mother has a purple line between her leg and vagina but there's no bump nor is it dark??I've looked on the internet and I don't get any answers. Can someone please help!The doctor says its not herpes but my mother has not been sexually active in over 5yrs.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply