Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

There is a bug biting me in my house help! (Page 1)

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
This started a little over 2 weeks ago when i came home from the park and i noticed i had bites on my back hours later. I checked my clothes and found nothing. Then later i started getting bites while i was sleeping and i had been thinking it was a mosquito biting me. This continued for 2 weeks and it was ONLY biting me. I thought maybe it was bed bugs so i threw away my mattress last night but STILL got bit while sleeping on the sofa. Ive searched my whole room for the bugs including the seams of the mattress but for the life of me cannot find anything. These bugs ONLY bite me for some reason and i live in a house with 4 other people. Please help me i getting desperate Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cheymitekilla
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
OMG!!!!!.....I'm having the same problem. It's been going on for months! I've been to the hospital twice and my family doctor and they cannot give me any answers!!! I jus recently had the Peking company cine out to inspect for bed bugs and he found NOTHING!!! So now I'm freaking out!! I have an appt to see a dermatologist. My bites are getting worse each time. My hands swell up, I've had huge push filled bumps on my leg and now on my ankle! I was so disappointed when he said he don't see any indication of bed bugs!! And like you said its ONLY me getting bit!!! I hope this dermatologist has answers! If I find out anything, i'll post again
|

replied June 12th, 2012
5 weeks ago I had strange bites on my rear. It started w/2 bites then multiplied to six on my rear and one on my left inner thigh. Two days latter one on my right upper arm and one on my right foot. The bites went away, and next thing I know 1 week later I had a on on my left pinkie which swelled into a blister, I thought it was spiders because there was some construction going on in my apt. Next thing i know these bites are all over my legs and arms. I wen to the doctor they said it wasnt bed bugs. I found a spider on my couch...killed it still more bites...found a nother strange bug on my couch killed it.... still more and more bites. Some bites start w/small blister and what looks like fang marks...some look like reg bug bites but with small blister on bite. Face, neck, arms,waist, legs, feet.....
|

replied June 12th, 2012
Yes.....same here.....especially the gang looking like bites...its driving me crazy bcuz I don't know what it is so therefore can't get rid of the problem.....I kinda would have much rather them tell it was bed bugs so at least I can treat that....something has to happen, the second I see bites on my daughter....I'm packing up and moving. I don't play when it comes to her. Hopefully we all can figure out what is going on. If i figure out anything, I will post it on here
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 22nd, 2012
Typo.....I called the Orkin Company
|

replied June 12th, 2012
Typo....*fang looking bites
|

replied June 15th, 2012
I have the same thing. I have a few also round bikini area, inner thigh and back. I was the only one, but now my two kids have them and they are in the same areas. the dr. says they are 'bites" my husband has none Sad
Something like this happened to me last year. Dr, said ants or bed bugs. orkin came out. No bed bugs but he found larva of "Carpa beetle" he said what I had was not a bite but rather a hive that i scratched so it looks like a bite. I guess I'm allergic to the "dander" from them in the air? I treated my house and now a year later I haveing the same issue except that these are in only these area. Like 1 on my arm but 15 on belly, side and, back. My kids dont even sleep in my bed or room and they now have them. They have them in the same areas as I do. HELP!!!!
|

replied June 25th, 2012
It could be cheyletiella mite. They are microscopic bugs. You can catch them through an animal or a place you visited that had animals and they can multiply in your home. I struggled with this bug for over a year and finally identified the bug. If you have dogs or cats, check the tops of their coat along the neck and back, if they have dandruff, give them a bath and wash this dandruff off well, if the dandruff keeps appearing and not washing off then you have cheyletiella mites aka "walking dandruff". Get your dogs "Revolution" spot treatment. You can find this on the internet without prescription for about $40 for 3 treatments. Use it every 2 weeks on your pet for 3 treatments then monthly afterwards. Sprinkle "Glade" powder($1.99 per bottle) on your carpets then after one day, vacuum and do it again. Buy "Lysol all purpose cleaner" ($2.14) and pour a cup in your laundry along with detergent if you're washing a full load, if a small load then half a cup. Get "Lysol Disinfectant Spray" ($4.89) and spray your couch with a fine mist and anywhere you sleep or sit for long periods. Put a vinyl zipper cover ($5) for your mattress and get a 600 thread count sheet set for your bed ($30+). The mite cannot penetrate this thick material. If you follow this regimen for the cheyletiella mite, you will notice a drastic change right away, once you kill the mite off your pet, carpet, clothing, and furniture, over time you will eradicate this bug before it gets worse. I have used permethrin and sulfur and very strong chemicals and nothing worked, except this regimen I listed above. Good luck all!
|

replied November 24th, 2012
New unidentifiable bites - help!?
Hey guys here's a new one for you. I'm getting bitten by something I could have sworn was bedbugs, but I moved and literally boiled everything that I own, and voila - the bites are still happening. Generally they happen in a line but the weird thing is the bite itself - barely a pin prick but incredibly itchy. When scratched a perfect circle of top skin peels off which leaves a perfect raw round circle about half a cm wide. what the hell is this and why can't i escape it? help!
|

replied February 10th, 2013
Has anyone come closer to figuring out what this is? I have similar symptoms to nightgardner. I have been getting these bites only at my boyfriends house and we can't figure out what its from. I initially thought they were bug bites but we havent found anything and he is not getting bit. Each time the bits gets worse. This last time they swelled into small blisters within 24 hours and the skin peeled off raw.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied March 10th, 2013
For the last year i have been to the hospital at least 6 times i am the onky one geyting bit it happens when im sleeping but it doesnt happen every night where i het nit ot swells gets red ithches and is very very painf
|

replied May 7th, 2013
Unknown bites!
Oh no, I was hoping to get some sort of answer as I'm going through the same thing! The thing that baffles me is, why is it only biting me and no one else in my house?!
|

replied May 14th, 2013
bugs
I have the same problem. When i sleep on the floor i dont get bit. Only. When i sleep on the couch. What is this. No bed bugs and doctor dont know either.
|

replied May 14th, 2013
bugs
I have the same problem. When i sleep on the floor i dont get bit. Only. When i sleep on the couch. What is this. No bed bugs and doctor dont know either.
|

replied May 14th, 2013
The biting has gone!!
Just to let you all know ladies. I went away for the weekend to visit my mum, obviously the biting stopped. And when I came back, no more biting!! It's as if whatever was biting me left because there was no one to bite. So, if you can get away for a faw days I would advise you do so. But make sure you clean and vacuum your house from top to bottom before you do. Hope this helps Smile
|

replied June 24th, 2013
I have also had these bites..ugh..I have NEVER had bites so intensively ITCHY or HUGE.. The weird thing about these bites is that they aren't always there. I have scoured my house, redone my bed numerous times, changed my mattress, my son has taken naps on my bed, and my daughter has slept there also..they get nothing. I'm not thinking it HAS to be from the bed. I was at my computer yesterday for a number of hours, and when I got away, I had these bites AGAIN!!! They were NOT there before I sat down!! I counted SIXTY-ONE from my neck down to my toes..WHAT ON EARTH!!?? I can certainly FEEL if a BUG is roaming over my BODY!! I do get away from home from time to time, and my house is clean, but inevitably, I get these bites--and only me, so sporadically.. I am at loss here..
My grown daughter also saw them and said she got them at her house once--VERY clean girl--and she said "just DON'T itch them!"...yeah..easier said than done.
|

replied December 11th, 2013
It's called Scab Mites
I've been getting the same thing for the past month and a half. They don't appear in a cluster for me, but instead individually. They show up on my arms, legs, feet, ankles, wrist, and a little on my butt and back. They start out small and sometimes get big, red, and hard. Night time is the worst time for the itch. Little scabs show up and sometimes what looks like scratch marks to. I've had dealt with bed bugs, mosquitoes (ever spring and summer), and have yet to be bitten by a spider (but seen my sister after she got bit), but this mess right here is a true pain in the ass. Just got through reading this articular and from the looks of it, this is IT! I will say that it may have a slight varying from person to person, but, still is the same thing.
|

replied July 6th, 2013
This is happening to me too. It is driving me crazy. None of my three children or my husband has been bitten at all. The itch is maddening! I've seen a dr. I'm on steroids and antibiotic. I've scratched so much I've gotten a skin infection. I've treated my bed for bed bugs. I sprayed the bed down entirely. I've encapsulated my mattress and pillows. I've washed everything on my bed in hot water. I though it was getting better, but now I have bites on my neck, and I just got one on my chin while sitting in the recliner. I do not know what to do, but I can't take this much longer!
|

replied August 5th, 2013
please help bites and unno what it is
so a couple weeks ago i go spend time with my dad when we are sitting there its getting late and all of a sudden i get real itchy on my ankle and think nothing of it so about an hour or so passes im started to scratch more up my leg not thinking anything of it so i goto bed wake up in the morning with bites from my waist down and no one else at my dads house got any bites what so ever i tried so many different stuff to get rid of the bites but nothings working please need to figure out whats wrong they are blochy around my plevik area knees and and a really big stop and hate to say on my private area that makes me not sleep anymore
|

replied December 9th, 2013
Surely at least some of you have Morgellons. There are many symptoms and many phases, mine seemed like bedbugs at first. But if you have glitter or fibers either on your body or in your belongings, I think that's a pretty clear sign of Morgellons.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 9th, 2014
help with bug bites
Hey I only get these itchy red bites when I go over to her house and yes her house is dirty and she has a dog that does its business in the house. Don't get me wrong but I like spending time with her she's my best friend. This is the 2nd time in a row it's happened. My mom is about to not let me stay anymore at her house because of it. Help me please on how to get rid of the bites quickly and how to protect my self next time I spend the night over there.
|

replied February 14th, 2014
EUREKA ...I did it ! Oh what a relief, after many years of suffering, NOBODY I say, NOBODY had a solution, even doctors thought that I was insane as my tale of woe sounded crazy. I mentioned earlier that I found I was running low blood sugar so I even checked out cholesterol and even Uric acid was above normal so was my pressure so I was prescribed pressure & LDL lowering & the most important was an allergy pill which in a few days worked miracles and kept mites at bay so the thing to do is, see the Doc & ask to get a Lipid profile lab test done to see where you stand and whilst getting medicated ALSO ASK THE DOC TO PRESCRIBE AN ALLERGY FIGHTING PILL & STICK TO THE MEDICATION FOR TWO WEEKS. You'll see an improvement within 3 days. IT'S ALL A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE WHICH MAKES YOUR SYSTEM HIGHLY TOXIC. ALSO, CHECK OUT FOR FUNGAL ATTACK WHICH GOES UNNOTICED !
|
12 >>