Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

The most popular medication used to treat epilepsy

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
This question goes out to doctors, nurses, medical students and anyone in the know about epilepsy and seizure disorders in general. Its being asked by someone who currently has partial seizures and is being treated by the time-tested medication known as phenytek (phenytoin sodium extended). Having been on this med for 5+ years and having no seizures, I know that it works. However, I've grown tired of some of the side effects and want to go on something else. As a second opinion to my doctor, what is the most popular and proven medication after phenytek at stopping seizures?
Did you find this post helpful?
|