Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

The lump is growing!

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
I HAVE A LUMP UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST.I'VE HAD IT FOR ABT A YEAR, AND IT JUST STARTED TO GET BIGGER A FEW WEEKS AGO. I'M SCARED :(

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2011
Breast Cancer Answer A20128
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

The presentation of a lump in the breast at young age most probably could be due benign causes like fibrocystic changes, fibroadenoma , fatty degeneration, or a lymph node.

For your information, common signs & symptoms of breast cancer include:

1. NIPPLE DISCHARGE.

2. CHANGE IN SENSATION (of Breast or nipple): Nipple tenderness, lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm area.

3. CHANGE IN APPEARANCE (of Breast or Nipple) - including

A. Change in size or shape of breast;

B. Nipple retraction (slightly turned inward),

C. Skin changes of the breast, areola or nipple (appearing scaly, red or swollen or may have ridges or pitting that resembles the skin of an orange.

You might consider to consult your doctor for a physical examination and a ultrasound which will give more information for definitive diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.