Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

the cause of a Menthol taste in my mouth?

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
User Profile
What is the cause of a Menthol taste in my mouth
I can feel coolness when I breathe and sometimes it burns my eyes and lips

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2012
Acid Reflux Answer A31598
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

The symptoms described by you as menthol tatse is quite unusual feeling and can be due to various causes as acid reflux,drug effect,vitamin deficiency,dental infection or a neurological cause.It would require a detailed history and clinical examination to give a precise diagnosis.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Take a multivitamin pill once a day for a month and observe for any change.
2)Maintain good oral hygeine,use soft brush and hypoallergenic toothpaste.
3)Avoid spicy and preserved food items.
4)Take plenty of fruits and veggies in diet.
5)Have warm soups in diet.

Kindly visit a Physician for examination of oral cavity and investigations as Blood sugar so that the exact cause can be ruled out.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.