Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

The brown pills on Loestrin 24 Fe (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am current takeing the pills.. But i don't want to take the brown ones. If i don't take the brown ones will the birth control work properly. could i get pregnant if i don't take them. Do i start a new pack right after my last white pill on the last pack if i do skip the brown one? looking
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The brown ones are iron supplements that are just to make sure that you stay in the routine of taking a pill the same time every day, even when on your period. Why don't you want to take them? They're just iron supplements.

If you want to skip your period, yes you would start a new pack instead of taking the brown ones. If you aren't going to skip your period, then you either take the brown ones or not, but don't start a new pack for however many days the brown ones would last. If it's four days, then don't take any pills for those four days, then start a new pack.

In the future, if you have questions about your pills, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Your doctor may have prescribed these specific pills because you need the extra iron. In that case, you need to ask your doctor if it's okay to skip those. Most "reminder" pills in other birth control packs are just sugar pills. There may be a reason your doctor wants you on these.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
yo me he terminado el paquete de pastillas y mi periodo todavia no Aparece eso es normal?
|

replied April 8th, 2010
HELPPPP lol
i was wondering are you suppost to get your period on the dark pills? i usually do but i didnt this month im on my new pack on like my 3rd white pill... please give advise im scared im pregnant
|

replied April 26th, 2011
you're most likely not pregnant if you have been taking your birth control regularly. Many girls have little to no period while on this specific pill. I've had mine but i'm only 2 packs into it, but my period is minimal. So your period my just lessen and then become non exsistant after taking the pill for awhile. Anyways, if your scared, take a pregnancy test, then you'll know for sure.
hope this helped.
|

replied June 4th, 2011
question on BC pills
I am on the fourth brown pill of my pack, however, this is my first real period day, tommorrow is my first white pill of my new pack..do I take it normally, will I have break threw bleeding during the month? Thank you.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
Usually it takes two to three days for bleeding to start so don't worry about it. Start your pill normally and your period should slow down.
|

replied October 31st, 2011
Thick, Gooey Blood
Okay for my case of PMS-- my Gyno has me skipping the Iron pills every pack for FOUR months in a row, then I let my body have a period, then I repeat the same routine, I go through four packs continuously--then let my body have it's period...

Well, It's been two months back into the birth control packs with no "forced period"-if you will, and I've been spotting/bleeding thick, gooey, blood for the past two weeks and now I'm bleeding full on?......what is going on?
|

replied October 31st, 2011
Thick, Gooey Blood
Okay for my case of PMS-- my Gyno has me skipping the Iron pills every pack for FOUR months in a row, then I let my body have a period, then I repeat the same routine, I go through four packs continuously--then let my body have it's period...

Well, It's been two months back into the birth control packs with no "forced period"-if you will, and I've been spotting/bleeding thick, gooey, blood for the past two weeks and now I'm bleeding full on?......what is going on?
|

replied January 20th, 2012
So i skipped my period last month by not taking my brown pills, however I'm now off track or not starting on Sunday in which is important for me. To continue on a Sunday I would only take one brown pill then start a new pack. Would my pill still work properly if I only took one brown pill and started a new pack?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
If you take a brown pill instead of a regular pill, you might get your period, even if you started a new pack the next day. You should still be protected, but you might not be skipping your period like you want.
|

replied February 11th, 2012
This is my first pack of pillsndijust took my first brown pill today. i havent strted my period yet. i thought the brown pills are supposeto make me start bleeding. when will i start bleeding? am i doing someting wrong?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Like a previous post said, sometimes it takes two or three days of the inactive pills before your period starts. This is normal.
|

replied June 4th, 2012
Skip period for loestrin 24 fe
Is it safe to skip the brown pills and go directly into the new pack taking the white pills? & if i dont take the brown pills since the brown ones start on a wed. do i go on to the next pack for week 1 and take the white one for wed.
|

replied June 12th, 2012
Loestrine skip pills
Can I skip last 3 white pills? I want my period to start early. Please advise if any risks. Thanks
|

replied August 14th, 2012
my period hasnt started
I am on my third week of pills still no period. I've been taking loestrin for 8 months now and my period would usually start at the end of the month around the 28th. It's been 3weeks still no period. Should I be concerned? I haven't missed a day I take them same time every day. I even take the Brown pills as directed. I am concerned. Please help.
|

replied August 14th, 2012
I am on my third week of pills still no period. I've been taking loestrin for 8 months now and my period would usually start at the end of the month around the 28th. It's been 3weeks still no period. Should I be concerned? I haven't missed a day I take them same time every day. I even take the Brown pills as directed. I am concerned. Please help.
|

replied September 25th, 2012
I'm on those pills too do I still take the brown /white if my period just ended !?
|

replied January 8th, 2013
I ran out of my birth control, but I have extra brown pills from an old pack. Is it still giving me protection if I take the brown ones when I normally wouldnt be there yet?
|

replied January 8th, 2013
Community Volunteer
The brown pills does not have any hormones, and it provides NO protection if you do not start the nex pack on time.

So NO, USE CONDOMDS or abstain or stay with oral or finger sex.
|

replied March 26th, 2013
Loestrin 24 FE - skip a period question
I am taking Loestrin 24 Fe and would like to skip my period this month. I see that everyone says that in order to do that I should skip the four brown pills and go straight to the new pack. My question is once I've done that how do I get back on track. When I get towards the end of my new pack I will be four white pills short.
|

replied October 1st, 2013
Missed a brown pill
I missed the second to last brown pill at 8pm like I usually take it everyday. I freaked out and took at 3am when I remembered. What should I do seeing that I only have one brown pill left? Does this mean I can get pregnant?
|

replied October 22nd, 2013
I accidentally took one of white pills 4 weeks before my next menstrual cycle. What should I do?
|
12 >>