Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testicular failure

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
My son is 5 years and had an op. to descend his testes at the age of two years. Since then there has been no growth. I applied some testosterone cream with medical advice to help him grow. His penis has shown great improvement however in the testes themselves don't seem to be any signs of growth. Is this normal ? is there any treatment available for his condition? HELP PLEASE!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Were both testicles undescended?

It just so happens that essentially every guy I've dated had one undescended testicle when they were born and had to get surgery. Almost all of them had a testicle that was significantly smaller than the other one that was descended naturally. None of these guys had higher voices or effeminate features. One was actually quite muscular. It just seemed normal that the testicle that was undescended was smaller than average. By that logic, I would guess that if both were undescended they'd probably be a bit smaller than average. If you're really worried, talking to a doctor in person is probably your best choice so that he may conduct a thorough investigation. Best of luck with your son, I'm sure everything's normal.
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Were both testicles undescended?

It just so happens that essentially every guy I've dated had one undescended testicle when they were born and had to get surgery. Almost all of them had a testicle that was significantly smaller than the other one that was descended naturally. None of these guys had higher voices or effeminate features. One was actually quite muscular. It just seemed normal that the testicle that was undescended was smaller than average. By that logic, I would guess that if both were undescended they'd probably be a bit smaller than average. If you're really worried, talking to a doctor in person is probably your best choice so that he may conduct a thorough investigation. Best of luck with your son, I'm sure everything's normal.
|

replied March 13th, 2010
yes both were undescended and he now does't produce testosterone hormone. He will have to inject the hormone to help him through puberty.
|