Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Testicular area spasms

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Just recently i have been getting this weird feeling, very hard to describe but it seems to be like having a spasm in the muscle that u use to stop the flow of urine when your going to the toilet. i just have this constant feeling cause my mind is always thinking about it and every now and then, maybe 3-4 times an hour ill get this little like reflex to use this muscle. now im not too sure if this is all in my head cause its on my mind all the time, like if im not think about it i don't notice it really, and its not painful or anything. And it only seems to be when i think about it i feel weird, sorta like when you think you sometimes walk funny but its just in your head. So my question is mainly is this just me with this sort of thought in my head or is this something to be worried about. I could also say it sort of feels a little weak like i have no energy in that area, but they only last like 1-2 seconds.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2009
It could be what is called testicular torsion. Testicular torsion can be intermittent and can be an emergency. Torsion occurs when the testicle twist which can cut off the blood flow to the testicle and cause tissue death.It could alsd be problems with the epididymus or an inguinal hernia. You need to see a doctor, preferrably a urologist.
|

replied September 16th, 2009
I have been to a Doctor already but thanks anyway. He had a feel of both and said they feel normal and everything seems in order, and to be honest i was starting to think i was just thinking about it a lot, maybe too much and noticing things that are normal. Anyways he said that cause i have been doing intense weights that i could just be straining myself and doing abs might have an influence on it. Does that make anymore sense to you?
|

replied September 16th, 2009
It does, however, an ultrasoud of the testicles is certainly in order whenever there is testicular pain or discomfort. A manual exam is not enough. I do not know what age you are but be informed about your health in regards to testicular cancer and varicoceles which could impact fertility. Sound information is not meant to scare you but to protect you and give you a solid foundation from which you can communicate with your MD. Be very proactive. Listen to your gut and if further testing, such as an ultrasound shows nothing, great. But if a correctible situation goes unaddressed, it could be consequential.This is not a waste of healthcare dollars but is your right as human being to get quality care. Best wishes.
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I have a similar issue but my spasms are somewhere above my scrotum It is like a sharp stabbing pain for a few seconds and then it is gon?? any ideas
|