Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testicles Shrinking and Penile Shrinking, Micro Adenoma..

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
User Profile
My penis and testicles (both) have observably decreased in size since I started Androgel therapy for primary hypogonadism. I have had low testosterone since I was 11 years old, even while on the lowest doses of SSRI's. I have also had high prolactin (hyperprolactinemia) my entire life. I developed some feminine like breasts when I gained weight a couple years ago before androgel therapy, but I have made a life chance to lose a lot of weight and start testosterone therapy while watching my diet and avoiding excessive carbohydrates and fats. I have greatly increased my testosterone and lost almost 45 pounds, but I have noticed my penis and testicles are not the size as before treatment began. I know it sounds like it might be a minor thing, but I am only 22 years old almost and have been having these symptoms. I worry about future developmental issues with my sexual maturity as well as my ability to have children when I'm older from Androgel Testosterone Gel Therapy 1.62% packets. I use two packets daily in the morning total equating to 40.5 g or mg of the gel (I can't recall the units exactly). Is there a risk for me having permanent shrinkage to my penis and testicles from treatment, and thus, issues with fertility later in life? I ALSO am treated for ADHD and take TWO amphetamines Dexedrine 10mg Tablets (in the afternoon/evenings) and Vyvanse Capsule 50 mg in the morning. I understand these can also disrupt growth most noticeably in children, but I wanted to be sure to include all relevant information. My primary concern is the decrease in size of my penis and testicles. The amount of pubic hair I have has also decreased (even with Androgel Topical Gel therapy). Is it worth seeing an endocrinologist versus my General Practitioner for this? I also have a small adenoma on my pituitary gland on the left region of the gland, so there are so many things going on I am having trouble understanding it all. I am told this is not affecting my hormones, and is completely benign and stable after 3 MRI scans, but I am still somewhat worried in that respect. I am also afraid this adenoma could be shrinking my testicles and penis size as well as reducing my pubic hair and messing with my hormones.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Fertility, Diet
Quick Reply