Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

testicle up into groin ?

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hi,

I have this weird thing happening that I've never really noticed before. When I have an erection and am lying down, if I pull on my erect penis, my left testicle (never my right one) seems to sort of "slide up" into my groin area, where it feels like it becomes "caught" there. When it does that, if I press down on the bony area just at the upper left corner of my scrotum, I can feel the testicle, and it hurts because it's "squeezed" against the bone or something. I can push the testicle back down, but I have to sort of hold it there; otherwise, it rises back up of its own accord until my erection goes away. At which point everything's back to normal.

This can be quite painful for obvious reasons (my wife and I were having some fun the other day and she pulled, then pressed down on that area inadvertently and it was like getting kicked in the testicles.) What exactly is going on here? Is this an example of "retractile testicle"? I'm 37...I thought that sort of thing only happened in childhood?

I'm clueless on all of this, so any informed answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2009
me too
yeah me too. it scares me to death when it happens because i think it is going to get stuck and i wont be able to like get it back or something..
|

replied October 24th, 2009
this happens to my fiance . he is 21. it started recently only its his right. when he lays down usually when im doing stuff to him his right one slides up and i can see it in his abdomen under the skin. i can push it back down and he says it hurts and tells me not to do it and gets panicky when he see me or feels me do it. why is this happening?
|

replied November 17th, 2009
this happens to my left testicle too thats thy i dont like to spread my legs while im on my back during intercourse hahaha i usually hold my testicles so the left one wont escape inside of me it really freaks me out when that happens and its a bit painful to push it backdown.
|

replied December 10th, 2013
Me too
This happens to me too but my right sided one I thought i was the only one so its comforting to know there are other people with this problem too. I dont know why this happens but I would be greatfull if some one who does could shed some light on this
|