Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testicle pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For about 4 years now, occasionally I occur what I would describe as severe pain in my testicles and the surrounding area. I've never had this checked out as it's a little bit of an embarrassing situation to go to the doctor with.

It has occurred on times when wearing a new pair of jeans which were a little too tight in the groin area, but most of the time it happens in a sexual situation. It happened again when I met a girl on the weekend, which resulted in a long period of foreplay. But after a while I was in so much pain I was actually flinching when she touched me, I had to explain the situation to her and I've decided it's about time I figure out the explanation of this.

The pain as mentioned above is predominantly in the testicles which are sore to even touch, and above and around the groin area. Once the pain has started it can last anything up to 12 hours, gradually wearing off. Can anybody share some info?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2009
Do you take adderall? It could be a side effect of that.
|

replied March 17th, 2009
your testical pain
Are you taking Adderall? Even if you're not, I'm sure I know what the problem is. Doctors call it Retrograde Ejaculation, but your father/grandfather called it Blue Balls. Follow this; Adderall can restrict blood flow to extremities (such as, perhaps the penis?) even during sexual stimulation and physical arousal routines. This blood flow restriction can, in turn, affect the erectile portion of stimulation, ejaculation and orgasm. However, even when blood flow restriction makes erection more difficult you're still just as likely and sometimes more likely to get sexually stimulated when taking Adderall. Now don't freak out, I didn't say erection was impossible, you're simply less likely to get wood from seeing some random cleavage or a particularly salacious photo of Martha Stewart (sexy!). Just tell her (or him or them as the case may be) to stop laying there like a lump and put a little work in and you both (all) will be fine. In fact, because of the way stimulants affect your body and brain chemicals many people report that stimulation can happen more frequently and orgasms can be much better and more intense when taking Adderall.
Because you're more likely to become sexually stimulated but less likely to become physically aroused, when your "boys" (and when I say boys I mean your testicles) get the arousal and emission signal from the sympathetic nervous system, they release the 'hounds' (sperm) regardless of your current state of erection. These 'sperm' (hounds) then swim up the canal, get lost, turn around, and finally become stuck, creating buildup that can get painful. Even without the restricted blood flow, if you're fooling around with your significant other, maintaining erection and a high level of arousal without ejaculation the same thing will happen because the emission sequence has already initiated, however the orgasm and resultant ejaculatory reflex has not released the ejaculate.
Essentially, once sexually stimulated a reflex is triggered by the sympathetic nervous system which then triggers the emission portion of ejaculation and orgasm. This will create a build up of sperm which has unsuccessfully tried to pass through your ejaculatory ducts. Fluids from your seminal vesicles, prostate, and the bulbourethral glands (and yes I did have to look this up) that combine to create ejaculate can also build up in the general area, creating more pressure. Because the penis is either not erect or has not been allowed ejaculation, the resultant build up of ejaculate can become painful.
As for seemingly non arousal retrograde ejaculation due to Adderall, remember how I noted earlier that another side effect of Adderall is heightened stimulation and sensitivity in orgasm? It's important to note many people experiencing this problem notice small amounts of ejaculate or 'dripping' immediately or soon after urination. Simply stated, it feels good to pee because urine comes out of the same mucus membrane ejaculate does (that's the head of your penis, a very sensitive area.) The process is as follows: A person urinates, this causes a little over stimulation of the mucus membrane, the body produces ejaculate, but because of no erection or ejaculation it has no where to go, so some seeps out and the rest gets stuck. Causing TESTICLE PAIN! Unfortunately for some people Adderall can: 1. Restrict blood flow, making it a little harder to achieve erection (the main way men realize they are sexually stimulated) 2. Increase stimulation in your sexual organs, making them more sensitive and reactive. 3. Tend to lower the sex drive (perhaps because when not sporting wood, men don't realize its sexy time.) So some men may masturbate or have sex less then they regularly would, creating unusual fluid buildup, then get more physically stimulated then usual and not achieve release. Basically Adderall is penis tease. No wonder you tentacles are mad at you.
All right, we solved it! Now the solution. Masturbate more. That's right, the best way to fix your testicle pain is to ejaculate more often, and for most men that means masturbate frequently. 'Clean the pipes' as a medical solution may sound silly, but less stored ejaculatory fluids means less involuntary ejaculatory emissions, meaning less 'blue balls'. And if the situation happens again and becomes painful, try cranking out a quick one. Once you've tried my miracle cure I bet you'll say, 'WOW, the pain is gone!' or your money back. NOW get out there and start playing with yourself. It will make you feel much better.
|
Users who thank beerbaby for this post: nothingface0 

replied January 26th, 2013
I was on Geodon for qutie some time. It did stimulate me starting masturbation at aged 11, and I got in the habbit of "saving up". That medication caused stalled ejaculation. So I did end up masturbating more and it did help. At aged 17 I quit Geodon because I was gaining weight and I like to be able to move.

Problem is, I quickly became a pre-mature ejaculator because of the chronic mastubation and lack of Geodon but retained the difficulty achieving an orgasm. Suffice it to say I have to make it with thinner women now because I need to be able to move. I will often pick a tight spot or an elevated area that's difficult to be stable on to achieve greater stimulation from general freedom of movement.
|

replied January 13th, 2010
testical confusion
my left testical hangs more than right testicals and turns to right it have slightly pain some times it's the problem or not.
please remove my confusion.
thanks
|

replied June 12th, 2011
Aderal and balls/testicles aching..... ?
I have been experiencing the same thing and util I read this article I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe it was too much sex or jackin off, but sure nuff, the ache seemed to be there once I took the aderal. Now that I know it's a relief but quite funny..i litterlly see my wife at sometimes and can feel the sperm seep out, then a slight ache and "boom there it is". We've always been very sexually active and nothing like this ever occured only till I started taking aderal. It's seems to worsen the more I take far as I can tell. If I take half of a 70mg and stick with that, not so much. But take a 70mg at once or add another half too soon, game on. Without a doubt it heightens my labido, and as mentioned the orgasm more intense....but not real fun prior of after....also have experienced the latency when peeing. I have had a vasectomy and a vasectomy reversal so perhaps my pipes are a bit more challenged, regardless the company supplier of aderal should post this side affect as I'm sure many men as I've discovered are beset with the same symptoms. It's almost a drag enough to not want to take it, cause it it can be not only a bit embarassing but curtails my willingness for certain things during intercourse...i.e. stay away from my balls, etc, as they are accutely sensative. Don't seem to have any problem gettin wood or maintaining it, if anything it's increase my stamina a bit and it's a bell ringer of an orgasm.....what's a man to do? Fyi, I do smoke occasionally, more often too, pre sex as my mife smokes and this seems to be some sort of fermon that precludes our foreplay, etc. So, yes, smoking constricts blood vessels as does aderall, challenging the plumbing, that's my best laymens analogy....I did read however, that the generic aderal seems to have more of this affect than the real product. Any body have any ideas or thoughts on that or another recommendations for curbing the "blue ball" effect?

Thanks
|

replied June 12th, 2011
I have been experiencing the same thing and util I read this article I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe it was too much sex or jackin off, but sure nuff, the ache seemed to be there once I took the aderal. Now that I know it's a relief but quite funny..i litterlly see my wife at sometimes and can feel the sperm seep out, then a slight ache and "boom there it is". We've always been very sexually active and nothing like this ever occured only till I started taking aderal. It's seems to worsen the more I take far as I can tell. If I take half of a 70mg and stick with that, not so much. But take a 70mg at once or add another half too soon, game on. Without a doubt it heightens my labido, and as mentioned the orgasm more intense....but not real fun prior of after....also have experienced the latency when peeing. I have had a vasectomy and a vasectomy reversal so perhaps my pipes are a bit more challenged, regardless the company supplier of aderal should post this side affect as I'm sure many men as I've discovered are beset with the same symptoms. It's almost a drag enough to not want to take it, cause it it can be not only a bit embarassing but curtails my willingness for certain things during intercourse...i.e. stay away from my balls, etc, as they are accutely sensative. Don't seem to have any problem gettin wood or maintaining it, if anything it's increase my stamina a bit and it's a bell ringer of an orgasm.....what's a man to do? Fyi, I do smoke occasionally, more often too, pre sex as my mife smokes and this seems to be some sort of fermon that precludes our foreplay, etc. So, yes, smoking constricts blood vessels as does aderall, challenging the plumbing, that's my best laymens analogy....I did read however, that the generic aderal seems to have more of this affect than the real product. Any body have any ideas or thoughts on that or another recommendations for curbing the "blue ball" effect?

Thanks
|

replied June 12th, 2011

Thanks
|

replied October 28th, 2012
the main thing, orgasim. that will fix it, trust me. sometimes i have to do it twice, but works like a charm after about 1 hour.
|

replied March 31st, 2014
beerbaby is right on the money,i have been struggling with this for years, tryed spanking the monkey when i was suffering testie pain and BOOM! testie pain GONE!!!!
|

replied March 31st, 2014
beerbaby is right on the money,i have been struggling with this for years, tryed spanking the monkey when i was suffering testie pain and BOOM! testie pain GONE!!!!
|
Quick Reply