Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testicle pain down legs

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My husband has been complaining of his left testicle having shooting pains that go down his leg but only last a minute. It has been happening off and on for almost a year and he just told me a month ago.I am worried because there is a history of cancer in his family. HELP please!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
This is what I found...I would encourage him to see his doctor for a proper diagnosis.

The testicles are very sensitive, and even a minor injury can cause pain or discomfort. Pain may originate in the testicles themselves, in the scrotum or in the tube at the back of the testicle that stores sperm (the epididymis). Pain in the groin or lower abdomen may also radiate to the testicles. Pinpointing the location of the pain can help determine its cause.

Causes of testicle pain may include:

Infection or inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis) or testicle (orchitis). Epididymitis is the most common cause of testicle pain in adult men.
Minor injuries, such as a blow to the scrotum. Such injuries are usually very painful, but temporary.
A stone in the lower ureter, which can cause pain in the testicle on the same side as the stone.
Enlargement of the veins within the scrotum (varicocele).
Fluid in the testicles, such as due to a spermatocele or hydrocele.
Rarely, abdominal infections or bleeding.

A more serious cause of testicle pain is testicular torsion, a condition that occurs when the testicles and spermatic cord, a structure that runs from the abdomen to the testicles, twist inside the scrotum. Because testicular torsion can block the flow of blood to the testicles, it requires immediate medical attention. Testicular cancer also may, rarely, cause testicle pain.

Sudden, severe testicle pain requires prompt medical attention — especially if the pain is accompanied by nausea, fever, chills or blood in the urine. Your husband should also see his doctor if he experiences:

Mild testicle pain lasting longer than a few days
A lump or swelling in or around a testicle

~Zig
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2008
doctor I agree with Zigemyster, knock him over the head (on his shoulders Wink ) if you have to and drag him in the doctors. Waiting or guessing can make things worse.
Good Luck.
Chow -
|