Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Testicle pain after hernia surgery

my husband had a hernia surgery 3 years ago he stil complains of his nuts hurt an when we get ready to have sex he get a erection but once we go at it he lose it because he say it hurts his nut can you tell me why is that?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper equinoxkid
|

replied May 27th, 2009
same
I have the same problem. I had hernia surgery over a year ago. My testicles hurt and it hurts when I have to pee but the pain kinda goes away when I urinate. I've been tested for stds and im fine..
|

replied June 24th, 2009
I had testicle pain for three years after inguinal hernia surgery, I ended up haveing severe nerve damage caused by the surgery. My pain was constant and only in the right side. I don't know if this is what you two might be dealing with, but a consideration. I was told I had infections and all sorts of different things. It took all of 3 years, to diagnose my problem, luckily for me I am friends with the son of a world reknownd plastic surgeon who works out of NYU and UW-Madison hospitals, yes a plastic surgeon, it took two surgeries, and I had to have two nerves completely removed, but thank god it worked, I had the last surgery in the middle of April, and I am able to lift weights, run etc. (I play college football). Again I don't know if this is what you are dealing with, but I do know that it sucks, to have the boys hurting and haave no one know what is wrong. Again my case was pretty extreme, I had two surgeries to repair 5 total hernias, and actually had to take a semester of school off to get it treated, I traveled all over the mid-west, including the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. To be honest it took my doctor, who is amazing, to take charge and really go to bat for me. I was on pain med's for 9 months once they figured out what it was, again if it is nerve pain, it should be constant and very difficult to find relief, and very very painful
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Can I get the name of the doctor I am 3 months post op. but the pain is still not good my need someone.

Thanks mark W
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Can I get the name of the doctor I am 3 months post op. but the pain is still not good my need someone.

Thanks mark W
|

replied October 20th, 2009
i had a incision herina repair now i have three hernias and i feel like i have been hit in the testicals off and on all day. also i have a heat sensation in left testical a lot and sometimes on the right .
|

replied October 5th, 2012
I have had pain in my left testicle for twenty odd years post hernia operations to groin .I have been told no cure not even removal of testicle.Does any one out there think they can help please.desperate for an answer.
|

replied February 28th, 2014
Chronic testicular pain after hernia surgery
Severe and chronic testicular pain after inguinal hernia repair can be treated by a designed approach that identifies the genital branch of the genitofemoral nerve in the proximal inguinal canal, its resection point proximal to the previous operative field, and placement behind the peritoneum.
|