Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

tested postive herpes, how do i know what location?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
I got tested postive herpes 1. I know it can be orally or genitally. How am I ever going to know what location I have it
I feel worried just waiting for an outbreak to happen to see which location I have it. I ended up getting a cold sore on the side of my mouth today. Would it most likely be that that's the location I have it?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2014
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A47828
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Herpes Simplex 1 virus usually causes cold sores, and hence if you have tested positive for HSV1, and have had the cold sore, it is like that the sore is an outbreak. To confirm/rule out the possibilities, visit your doctor/healthcare provider at the earliest. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.