Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Tested positive for ANH antibodies?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I am 31, and recently began having joint pains in my knees and feet, went in to the doctor who thought it may be arthritis related. I had some blood tests done and I tested positive for what I believe he said was ANH. Unfortunately my doctor was running behind and I didn't get much of a chance to ask much about it, but he gave me more blood work testing for rhemetoid arthritis. But he did say testing positive for ANH could mean a number of things. Later I was thinking about this, would HIV fall into this category? I'm due to be tested for that here, and plan on it, but that thought scared me. Anyone know anything about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2008
Supporter
I tried to look on google for ANH without much success.

Please don't be scared. Sorry I am not very helpful.

Always
Muthoni (Mson)
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I believe ANH stands for atrial natriuretic hormone. So I believe it is a hormonal problem and not related to HIV.
|

replied May 16th, 2008
My doctor said they were an antibody.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2008
Supporter
Tellyer
I would call the doctor's office and ask for clarification. You are going to worry for nothing. If your doctor had said "HIV antibodies" you would have heard him right let me tell you.

Go on, call and please let us know.

Always
Muthoni (Mson)
|

replied May 17th, 2008
I'll call them Monday when they open. From what I understand it was an antibody that led him to believe I had arthritis, but that it could be present for various things.
|

replied May 17th, 2008
Im sort of concerned because I also have some swollen lymph nodes in my right armpit.
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Lots of things can make your lymph nodes swell up...even minor colds and things like that...dont worry, just call Monday and let us know..
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: Muthoni 

replied December 27th, 2011
Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritus sometimes come with high levels of ANH. You should do full blood count and RF, too. And yes, if you had HIV antibodies, your doctor would flat out say it just like that.
|