Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Tested HIV negative

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I just had an HIV test done today (the oral swab test, the name escapes me for the moment) It came out to be negative. I have been stressing over this for a while now, i have been with 4 people all of which unprotected (stupid yes i know) the last time was this past auguest. I haven't had any warning signs really, but the past few days my throat has been bothering me a little bit. I'm just wondering if I should accept my results and move on with my life. I'v been reading a bit online and still dont feel convinced. Also i have no medicial insurance so it's a bit harder to find a facility that will test for free. Thank you so much!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You are more than likely fine.If you are not satisfied with the results then by all means get re tested. If you are only experiencing a sore throat then that could be a cold or flu or anything. If you have doubts about your results then you should get tested with a blood test.Also...ALWAYS practice safe sex...100% of the time.
|

trust me homer i'v learned my lesson! it's so not worth it! i will never do anything so stupid again. i guess i was mostly concerned if the Oral tests were just as accurate as a blood test? I'd rather have taken a blood test but they only offered oral where i had went to take it. (it was a college testing students for free)
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Maria85 wrote:
trust me homer i'v learned my lesson! it's so not worth it! i will never do anything so stupid again. i guess i was mostly concerned if the Oral tests were just as accurate as a blood test? I'd rather have taken a blood test but they only offered oral where i had went to take it. (it was a college testing students for free)
If you live in the US or England,you can get tested at many free clinics across the countries..oral tests are reliable but I personally like the blood tests.
|

replied April 14th, 2011
have you find out what is wrong?
|