Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Test to determine if someone is bipolar ?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
please help i think im bipolar and i need to know how to get a proper diagnosis what knid of test do they run to diagnose bipolar. i have no insurance so i need to know what kind of test need to be done because i have to pay for my test. thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
HI, the fact that u think u have a problem is good and try to check with your local Health District for assistance;
as to the tests THERE ARE NONE, it is not something where dr takes blood and lab calls back with answer
Any family GP dr can help u as to start they will try mild solutions such as SSRIs, Prozac etc
if that doesn't work well enough after several attempts they may move on to lithium and such more powerful.
how old r u and why do u think u r bipolar?
can u hold down a job, get along with co-workers or strangers. most important what kind of relations do u have with family?
good luck to u
|

replied August 15th, 2011
I just turned 22, i dont have a job right now. and i do farely well with strangers once i get to know them. i live with my mom and have 3todlers, my mom is kind of a person who wants things her way and thats that, before i had no problem with that or when she made a remark i didnt like i would just let it go now i cant ignore it and i say something back and it turns into a big fight, and she says i have been having an attitude towards everyone lately. the reason i think im bipolor is because lately i am almost alway irritaded by anything and everything. i was just diagnosed in june of 2011 with hypothiroidism and im taking levothyroxine 25mg once daily. now before i was a kind and paitient person now it just seams like everyone gets on my nerves. one min i can be happy the next i can be cussing someone out for something little they did. i sometimes a feel down or depress that can last a couple of days up to a week sometimes but my happy days are getting farther and farther apart. and i just dont know what to do about it i try not to have an attitude even when im mad i try to not let it show or when im down but i cant help it. and thats about it i guess.
|

replied August 15th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
do u mean to say u have 3 toddlers (your children) at 22
|